Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > The Wacom Graphire 2 Rules...

The Wacom Graphire 2 Rules...
Spectre666
Forum Regular
Oct 13, 2001, 01:02 AM

Ok, sorry if there is already a thread on the Wacom Graphire 2, but the search function is just WAAAAYYY too slow on a modem. Anyway, I just bought this amazing piece of equipment today and I think it's the best graphics tablet I have ever used.

"Back in the day" I had a Wacom ArtPad II, and after a few months of using the thing the pen was beginning to wear out, and the tablets surface was getting scratched like crazy. However, I can tell just by using this Graphire2 that it won't scratch nearly as easily. Something about the surface just makes it seem like the stylus isn't going to hurt it at all. Which is good, because I really like to get into doing quick, thick strokes.

That and it is only $99, half as much as my old ArtPad II, and with more features, a mouse, and it works with OS X, hehe =)

The only problem I have had is with the beta software for download off of Wacom's site....It ran perfectly the first time to let me set it up the way I like it, but now every time I try to run it, it quits on me after the first screen. But since I set everything up the first time it's not that big of a deal.....yet. I just hope this gets fixed with future software updates (which I'm sure it will).

Just thought I would share my joy =)

I hate everyone equally.

klydoskop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2001, 01:00 AM

I bought the original graphire tablet 1 week b4 the new graphire came out. but its just as well too. really luv it for the $ & quality. The only thing I couldn't stand is the gigantic wireless mouse. Does the new graphire has a smaller or similar mouse?

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2001, 01:15 PM

hey, this wacom tablet sounds great. what type of apps are u using it for? photoshop & illustrator? what type of things is it truly great for?

how's the mouse?

Spectre666  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2001, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
<STRONG>hey, this wacom tablet sounds great. what type of apps are u using it for? photoshop & illustrator? what type of things is it truly great for?

how's the mouse?</STRONG>
klydoskop: The mouse on the Graphire 2 is supposedly better than the one on the original Graphire, though it's still not the greatest... I've never used an original Graphire, but I've read that the new one is heavier and doesn't feel as "cheap."

Apple Pro Underwear: Cool name, hahaha. I am using it with Freehand 10 and Illustrator 8 mostly, but I have Photoshop on the way. I can't wait till I get Photoshop, because Stylus + Photoshop = sweet results =)

I hate everyone equally.

Forum Links
Forum Rules