Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Making a VCD from a "MPEG-1 muxed" track

Making a VCD from a "MPEG-1 muxed" track
ttoth
May 6, 2001, 09:24 PM

I have several QT mpgs that I would like to make into VCDs using Toast 5.0. When I follow the instructions, I get the error that says "X-mpg cannot be used to make a VCD. Please use the video CD option in your MPEG encoder/multiplexer." Is there a work around this? I have tried exporting it as a DV stream through QT then opening in Imovie 2, but I lose the sound. I think that this is because of the "MPEG-1 muxed" track that I find when I get the movie properties. Is there a way that can either seperate the video and audio track, or if not, is there a way that I can fool Toast into thinking that I can make a VCD. Or is there a cheap (read shareware or freeware) MPEG encoder/multiplexer option available?

Any information would be greatly appriciated. Also, if you do know how to work around this, a detailed list of instructions would be great also, since I am kind of new to the multimedia world.

Thanks.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
May 11, 2001, 10:51 AM

Search VersionTracker for DeMux. This app will separate your MPEG a/v streams. Multiplexing them as a Toast/VCD compatable MPEG file is a bit difficult. If you have VirtualPC, there is a DOS app called TMPEGEnc, that should work.

For more info, bookmark www.vcdhelp.com , it's a great resource.

Forum Links
Forum Rules