Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > DVMC-DA2

DVMC-DA2
ZooTV
Jul 31, 2000, 11:41 PM

Any idea on when the export problems with the DVMC-DA's will be fixed? Did I hear that iMovie 2.0 will export video to it?

realeyz
Jul 31, 2000, 11:47 PM

Can you elaborate on the problem you are having? I just bought one of these and I hope I didnt make a mistake. I dont have it yet, but its being sent to me.

Thanx

------------------
RealEyz Imaging
realeyz imaging
animation | 3D modeling | visual effects | web design | illustration

ZooTV  (op)
Aug 1, 2000, 12:59 AM

Well, iMovie or Final Cut can't export video through them.....yet. Meaning you can put the video into your computer, but then when you want to put it on a tape or whatnot, it says "Camera not connected" (unless you have a Sony Handycam with LANC).

realeyz
Aug 1, 2000, 01:08 PM

What version of these software products are you using?

FCP 1.2.5?
iMovie 2.01?

Those are the latest. I assume apple hasnt fixed this problem yet with the export to the DA2?

------------------
RealEyz Imaging
Animation
3D Modeling
Visual Effects
Web Design
Compositing
realeyz imaging

ZooTV  (op)
Aug 1, 2000, 04:27 PM

Using Final Cut 1.2.5 and iMovie 1.0.2...havn't gotten my new G4 to try iMovie 2 yet, maybe it's fixed in that.

Blimpie
Aug 14, 2000, 07:09 PM

Does anyone know of software other than Final Cut Pro or iMovie that I can use to export video through the firewire port? I have the Sony DVMC-DA2 converter box, and I want to go from the computer (dv) to the box and out to an analog VCR. The VCR has no LANC connector -- it's just a standard RCA line-in VCR -- and I get that same error when I try to export through iMovie (version 1.0.2). It's trying to communicate with a DV camcorder, and, since the VCR doesn't have those capabilities, it just gives me an error message.

Surely there must be another software package that will be able to output digital video without requiring that controller connection. Any suggestions? Shareware is always preferable, but I'm interested in hearing about anything at this point.

realeyz
Aug 17, 2000, 04:27 AM

ok I just tried a print to video test with my DVMC-DA2 using Final Cut Pro 1.2.5 and my G4 Dual 500 with a Canon ES2000 Hi8 Camcorder hooked to the convertor and it worked great. I didnt have the LANC connector hooked up and had to start the camcorder with the remote. I havnt tried it yet with the LANC hooked up.

Dunno why you guys are having trouble. Did you make sure to hook your RCA cables to the out hookups on the back of the DVMC convertor box? and also make sure to hit the button on the box that says "DV IN" instead of "Analog In"?

Good luck!!

------------------
RealEyz Imaging
Animation | 3D Modeling | Visual Effects | Web Design | Compositing
realeyz imaging

realeyz
Aug 17, 2000, 04:40 AM

ok I just did another test with iMovie 2.01 with same specs as above and it also worked great. It gave me a message at beginning of export saying I must have a convertor box then it just gave me option to go ahead anyway and export it through firewire port while I started the tape. Looks awesome!!! Also no LANC connected.

- Todd

------------------
RealEyz Imaging
Animation | 3D Modeling | Visual Effects | Web Design | Compositing
realeyz imaging

devospice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2000, 01:45 PM

Has anyone tried the DVMC-DA2 with either Premiere or After Effects? I'm curious if it has the same problems that iMovie and Final Cut Pro had.

Thanks.

->Later.....Spice

Forum Links
Forum Rules