Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > TNT's "Pirates of Silicon Valley"

TNT's "Pirates of Silicon Valley"
yuhui
Jul 14, 2000, 02:28 PM

Hi

This show came out a year ago and was replayed a few months back. I watched the rerun and was kinda shocked at how... human Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are.

Jobs was portrayed as a dreamer who was naive and took advantage of other people for his well-being. It made me really want to hate him, especially with the way he treated his girlfriend and daughter and Woz. Now I can see how/why he drove Apple to the ground before being forced to leave. Too bad Sculley wasn't really any better.

As for Gates, he came across as a lean, mean, calculating machine. And he was always rushing headlong into things and expecting successful results at a snap. In a way, I admired him for that quality, but I can also see why everyone hates him. Steve Ballmer came across as a crackhead, though.

If there's one thing I learnt from "Pirates", it's that all great computer men always have a partner in the background who's really the brains behind their successes. For Gates, it was Paul Allen. And for Jobs, it was Woz. More credit should be given to Woz and Allen.

Yuhui

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2000, 03:22 PM

now if you can get me the DivX copy of that movie...

and "flood control" eh? weird...
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

Forum Links
Forum Rules