Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Can't delete songs from my iPod. (?!)

Can't delete songs from my iPod. (?!)
devospice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2006, 10:09 PM

I have a playlist on my iPod called Podcasts which is where I put all the podcasts that I listen to. After the podcasts download in iTunes I drag them directly from the podcasts window to the Podcasts playlist on my iPod. I do not first drag them to my iPod's library.

I learned very quickly after I started doing this that deleting a song or podcast from a playlist on my iPod did not delete the track from my iPod itself, as well it shouldn't. I had to go into my iPod's library and delete the podcasts from there to delete them from my iPod and free up space.

It appears now that with iTunes 7 any files that I dragged directly to the playlist I can't delete from my iPod! Deleting them from the playlist does just that, but they also don't show up on the iPod library anymore. The Library item has been replaced with Music, which doesn't list the podcasts I dragged directly to the playlist.

From now on I'll have to drag the files to the iPod first and then put them in the playlist, which is annoying, but I can do it. But I've got probably a couple gigs worth of files on my iPod taking up space that I can't see or delete.

How do I delete them? What am I missing?

->Later.....Spice

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 6, 2006, 04:58 AM

Isn't there a "podcasts" tab under the iPod syncing options? I think you're supposed to use that to select which podcasts you want transferred.

devospice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2006, 01:07 PM

Yeah, that did it. I was able to sync the iPod and that cleared up 2.5 GB of space off my iPod, which I'm assuming were old podcasts that never got deleted.

Thanks!

->Later.....Spice

Forum Links
Forum Rules