Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > add movie to iTunes

add movie to iTunes
connieiz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2006, 12:50 AM

Please help-

I converted a movie from avi format to mp4 format. I used iSquint and clicked add to iTunes when converted, but the movie did not add. The movie is now saved on my hard drive under "movies". I use an iBook G4 O SX 10.4.8.

I want to transfer this movie to iTunes so I can play it on my iPod. When I click "Add to Library" and select the movie to transfer into ITunes, nothing happens. I have tried to use the "Import" option as well ( I believe Import is for when I want to copy a CD to my hard drive).

I was wondering about burning this movie to a disc, then importing the disc into iTunes, but am trying to get around this.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Connie

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2006, 01:55 AM

If it doesn't work from your hard drive it won't work from disc. Have you tried opening the new movie file you created? I've had files do exactly what you're describing, but when I try to open them I get an error message.

Try using some different software as well. It won't copy because it isn't converting properly.

Also, you would probably get better help with things like this if it were posted in the Mac OS X forum. Just a heads up.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

pra9ab0y
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2006, 06:24 AM

Close everything infact reboot.

navigate to the file.
Double click it to open it and see what happanes!
If you got your computer set up properly it should open in itunes nd not quicktime then it will add to the itunes library and start playing!

connieiz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by stefanicotine View Post
If it doesn't work from your hard drive it won't work from disc. Have you tried opening the new movie file you created? I've had files do exactly what you're describing, but when I try to open them I get an error message.

Try using some different software as well. It won't copy because it isn't converting properly.

Also, you would probably get better help with things like this if it were posted in the Mac OS X forum. Just a heads up.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try and convert the movie with Handbrake; iSquint was so simple. Thanks also for your tip about posting in Mac OS X, I was not sure where to post this.

Connie

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2006, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by connieiz View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try and convert the movie with Handbrake; iSquint was so simple. Thanks also for your tip about posting in Mac OS X, I was not sure where to post this.

Connie
No worries! And welcome to the MacNN forums

connieiz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by stefanicotine View Post

Stefanicontine-

I was told that handbrake is not the best converting software to use. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Connie

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2006, 09:03 PM

Handbrake isn't bad, but I prefer to use MPEG Streamclip. It's a little clumsy to use, but it's a very powerful program and also does an excellent job of converting videos to iPod format.

Forum Links
Forum Rules