Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Using Aiport Express as wired wireless router

Using Aiport Express as wired wireless router
Weezer
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2007, 08:32 PM

Hey guys,

I use an airport express to connect my receiver wirelessly to my itunes collection. I was wondering if I could set it up to plug in an ethernet cable to get my HD-DVD player online? Does that port only work for accepting a connection, or can it share it as well?

I think it will work if I can set it up as a WDS network, but my main router is not an apple router, it is an ActionTec I need to use for my FiOS...is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 07:32 PM

I think this will do what you want. It worked with my Xbox 360 FYI: I don't have the netgear router they are using, just adapt it to your specific case.

AirPort Express as an ethernet bridge - Applepedia
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

Forum Links
Forum Rules