Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Snow Leopard pricing

Snow Leopard pricing
Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2008, 10:41 AM

Think Apple will move it up to $149? Or how about to $99?

Person Man
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Think Apple will move it up to $149? Or how about to $99?
The chances of them moving it up to $149 are slim. It would be most likely to stay at $129.

As it is, people are complaining enough that $129 is "too much" because there are "no new features." $149 would be foolish.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2008, 10:56 AM

If Snow Leopard delivers on its promise to be a huge speed boost as well as improving on already existing frameworks and technologies, then it's worth the $129 alone.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

nickw311
Senior User
Oct 30, 2008, 10:57 AM

Hopefully it won't go up considering the state of the economy - fortunately for me I got Tiger for free from my school, hopefully Snow Leopard comes out in time for me to get a similar deal
27" iMac C2D

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2008, 05:34 PM

No and no.

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2008, 06:21 PM

Personally I'm hoping they drop the price on this one to encourage rapid adoption. There's stuff I want to be able to use, and I can't do that without dropping Leopard support.

Gregg
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2008, 08:51 AM

If they continue to leave it at $129 that's sort of a discount. Everything else goes up, except stocks and oil right now...
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
If they continue to leave it at $129 that's sort of a discount. Everything else goes up, except stocks and oil right now...
Now that's weird logic, its like the commericals I see at walmart and home depot proclaiming that they've cut prices but every time I go in there my wallet is even lighter

I'm sure Apple will keep the 129 price and I'm sure people will be whining and complaining that its too much for what you're getting. Heck when ever Apple does anything people whine and complain so SL won't be any different.
~Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules