Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Fight Club

Fight Club
blingblingin68
Banned
Dec 12, 2000, 02:08 AM

Get this, some kids from my old high school started a real life "fight club". How cool is that?

Anyway, what do you guys think of this movie? I absolutley LOVE it, and I think it was one of the most original and creative and generally COOL movies I have seen in a long long time. I'm listening to the sdtrk right now actually...... anyway, the only, the ONLY gripe I have about "fight club" is the trailer.... whoever made the movie trailer should be shot in the the face. They had obviously never seen the movie, as they just took clips, put them together and generally said "A bunch of guys get together and fight! Byaaa!"

In fact, the trailer made it look so bad, I never wanted to see this film, but I'm glad i did.

Any comments?

Ca$h

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2000, 02:19 AM

no

nana2
Senior User
Dec 12, 2000, 03:35 AM

I agree, the trailer is $hithouse, but the film rocks! Got it on divX

The Dude
Banned
Dec 12, 2000, 03:48 AM

The book is also a great piece of modern literature. I thought it gave the narrator (Jack?) more depth and it also let some parts of the story expand much more. Plus, the writing style is very odd, but one that flows quite well.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity.
Unix for stability.
Palm for mobility.
Windows for solitaire.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 12, 2000, 05:10 AM

The book is awsome. If you like the movie, you must read the book. One of my favorites.
Nemo me impune lacesset

noliv
Senior User
Dec 12, 2000, 05:30 AM

This is maybe the best movie I've ever seen! I've got the DVD with lots of bonus...

about the trailer, I don't think it is so bad because it doesn't tell you all the story as most of (american) trailers do (don't think that I don't like USA, but I often see trailers which let you guess every details of the movie...)
hmm, the trailers are not the same in different countries...

Never minds, I love this movie!
-noliv

bizzare
Dec 12, 2000, 02:09 PM

If you liked fight club, then you'll love Chuck Palahniuk's new novel Survivor. This one will be made into a film (like fight club). People say Jim Carrey is interested in starring in it, and Trent Reznor wants to score it. It's pretty much guaranteed that it will be as good, if not better, than fight club.

------------------

[This message has been edited by bizzare (edited 12-12-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules