Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery options for iBook G4

Battery options for iBook G4
krx
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 10:32 PM

Did a search but didn't find this. I need to replace the battery on my wife's iBook G4 (1.07 model) - still running the original. Are there options to consider or just get another one from Apple?

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
May 21, 2006, 11:18 PM

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 22, 2006, 11:12 AM

I'd sooner recommend Apple's battery than Newer's. I read some bad reviews of some of their batteries.

tooki

Dave B
May 22, 2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by tooki
I'd sooner recommend Apple's battery than Newer's. I read some bad reviews of some of their batteries.

Could you point me to where I could read these reviews?

krx  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 10:45 PM

Newer appears to have 2 for my iBook:

Newer Technology NuPower Battery 59 Watt-Hour High Capacity for all Apple iBook G3/G4 Models with 14"/14.1" Screen. *Up to 7% More Capacity vs. Original Battery!* New w/1yr NewerTech Warranty. (NWTBAPIB4148V40) more info... $109.99 Same Day

Newer Technology NuPower Battery 71 Watt-Hour High Capacity for all Apple iBook G3/G4 Models with 14"/14.1" Screen. *Up to 29% More Capacity vs. Original Battery!* New w/1yr NewerTech Warranty. (NWTBAPIB4148V48) more info... $119.99 10 Days

Apple appears to have one:

A 61-watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery that provides up to 6 hours of operation depending on battery saving features used and system configuration. This battery is compatible only with 14-inch iBook having two USB port $129.00 24 hours

Anyone care to weigh in on the pros/cons?

Pao|o
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 19, 2007, 06:48 AM

Are the claims of NewerTech true about up to 50% more battery life for the iBooks?

Forum Links
Forum Rules