Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Trouble with the Gov...

Trouble with the Gov...
Odinn Zero Five
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2005, 10:00 AM

Hey there folks, I hope this will get some good responses here, this is a copy of a post I have been making around in some immigration forums and thought the more the merrier. Have been visiting Macnn ever since I first gt my Sage iMac and am still using that same machine to post today. So if anyone is anyone can help.... Help!

Hello all thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully resopnd with information that might help in our quest for a permanat status for my fiance.

She came here from Russia on a K-1 Fiance visa and was swept off her feet by an American who promised her everything. As time went on after the marriage she found out that he was mentally unstable, and unable to have intimate relations with the end result of not being able to have children. This lead to great stress in their relationship and resulted in him filing for divorce after only 8 months.

Four days later after the filing He took her to the INS builind in Dallas and helped her file for her Permaant Status Green Card. There was an incident later where she returned to gather some of her things from their home and he called the police. He claimed that she struck him. She did not know what to do and was taken into custody and but not charged and released the next day. The divorce was made final later on that year and was left on her own to do as she could.

She remained employeed and paid her taxes for the intervening years and checked in with INS reulary to update her work authorization status, and to inquire on her request. There was only one year she was not employeed due to mjor illness. She has always been given her work authorization without dificulty but was always told her staus was under review.

We have been invloved for the last year and a half and were planning on starting our lives and family together in February '06. Well it took 5 years. But she got a response tonight that due to her ex and her filing for her Permanant Status 4 days after him filing for divorce that her request was denied and that she should hire counsel to help start a review of her case. She plans on sending this to an immigration attorney tomorrow.

This has got her upset of course. I am here looking for any advice that I can get on what we should do. Please if anyone can help us I would appreciate it immensely as I will not leave her for anything and if she is deported, I will be going with her.

Thanks for your time,
OZFive
Peace.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2005, 10:26 AM

Sorry if this is way too obvious of a question...

If you two get married, isn't this moot?

Odinn Zero Five  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2005, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by subego
Sorry if this is way too obvious of a question...

If you two get married, isn't this moot?
Not really, I wish it were that easy but unfortunatley a marriage to someone who came over on a K-1 Fiance visa does not give them sufficent right to stay automaticaly. Good question though. Anyone else?
Peace.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2005, 03:14 PM

This should probably go in the Lounge. It's Political, but not in the sense that people burst into flames over liberal and conservative ideas.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. I don't think a computer forum is the best place to ask, though.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Odinn Zero Five  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2005, 09:22 PM

Couldn't hurt, many knowledgeable people here from all walks of life.
Peace.

Forum Links
Forum Rules