Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Futurama not cancelled?

Futurama not cancelled?
KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
May 18, 2002, 10:44 PM

Check out Fox's Fall Lineup.
Whither Greg the bunny though?

Cellery
Mac Elite
May 18, 2002, 10:47 PM

Since they only aired 15 episodes last season and 12 episodes this season due to constant pre-emptions, they still have 16 episodes left unaired, which will be shown next season. As of now, the writers and animators have moved on, so past next season there will be no more Futurama.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
May 18, 2002, 10:53 PM

That blows.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
May 18, 2002, 11:00 PM

The phrase FOX SUCKS comes to mind.

Well at least we'll get one more season.

I really wish Groening could take Futurama to another network, but he's likely signed all the rights away to the morons at FUX er FOX.

Mike

KaptainKaya  (op)
Mac Elite
May 18, 2002, 11:02 PM

I kinda figured since it was still at the 7pm slot. Oh well, I'm def. watching them.

Cellery
Mac Elite
May 18, 2002, 11:14 PM

Those clowns at Fox really don't know how to run things, look at all the stuff they've cancelled this year:
  • The X-Files
  • Ally McBeal
  • The Tick
  • Family Guy
  • American Embassy
  • Dark Angel
  • Futurama
  • Pasadena
  • Titus
  • Greg the Bunny
  • That 80's Show
  • Undeclared

No offense to King of the Hill fans, but I think it sucks that it gets the cushy timeslot between The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle next season while Futurama is left at 7/6c like always, ready to be pre-empted all the time by the inane football postgame report.

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: Cellery ]

ReggieX
Professional Poster
May 18, 2002, 11:33 PM

never mind...I think I was wrong there.

80's Show sucked so bad though. I only watched it cuz the girls were cute.

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: ReggieX ]
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Synotic
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 01:25 AM

Kind of unrelated.. but was Andy Richter unliked.. or what? I thought it was good.. Seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
May 19, 2002, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by Cellery:
<STRONG>No offense to King of the Hill fans, but I think it sucks that it gets the cushy timeslot between The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle next season while Futurama is left at 7/6c like always, ready to be pre-empted all the time by the inane football postgame report.

</STRONG>
Believe it or not, there was a time when King of the Hill got much better ratings than the Simpsons. I think it was back when the Simpsons was actually still funny.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Synotic
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 01:35 AM

<STRONG>Those clowns at Fox really don't know how to run things, look at all the stuff they've cancelled this year:
  • The X-Files
  • Ally McBeal
  • The Tick
  • Family Guy
  • American Embassy
  • Dark Angel
  • Futurama
  • Pasadena
  • Titus
  • Greg the Bunny
  • That 80's Show
  • Undeclared

No offense to King of the Hill fans, but I think it sucks that it gets the cushy timeslot between The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle next season while Futurama is left at 7/6c like always, ready to be pre-empted all the time by the inane football postgame report.</STRONG>
I dunno if you're saying that they picked bad shows or if they just put good shows in bad time slots...

The X-Files.. that was cool.. during the times I watched it..
Ally McBeal.. watched occasionally.. was pretty good..
The Tick.. never watched it.. saw it once.. looked lame..
Family Guy.. awesome..
American Embassy.. never heard of it..
Dark Angel.. cool for obvious reasons.. but I dunno why, it just wasn't action packed enough I guess..
Futurama.. no need to say it.. awesome..
Pasadena.. I think I saw ONE episode.. maybe the first and it was pretty cool, lots of mysteries to unsolve, kind of like 24.. which is great (the mystery part, not the plot)..
Titus.. that just sucked..
Greg the Bunny was OK.. but not great..
That 80's show.. tried to watch it.. but it sucked..
Undeclared.. meh.. not great.. not bad. in the middle..

Another unrelated question.. 24.. Did I miss a part or episode or something? When did Teri get her memory back? At first I thought she was just going by what she was told by that one guy that found her when she lost her memory (don't remember his name because I missed the first couple of episodes.. 24 reruns would be great for Summer..) and that she didn't want them to know she forgot whatever or whatnot.. but now she seems to know everything.. so what happened?

Oh and the Yelena or whatever thing was a great twist Never would have thought.. So George and her are together.. or are they both just separate impostors? well nobody knows yet I guess..

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2002, 01:40 AM

They canceled dark angel??

Sigh.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Cellery
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by Synotic:
<STRONG>I dunno if you're saying that they picked bad shows or if they just put good shows in bad time slots...
</STRONG>

A little bit of both, 12 shows is quite a bit to kill off in one season, that's almost a third of their schedule!

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
May 19, 2002, 01:58 AM

Originally posted by Synotic:
<STRONG>Greg the Bunny was OK.. but not great..</STRONG>
Not great, but good. I'll miss it.

Blah!
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 08:37 AM

So they may have gotten rid of That 80s Show, but they moved backwards - this "Oliver Beene" thing is set in 1962. What's interesting is that it reminds me so much of "The Wonder Years," narrated by the adult version of the child star. Another problem... It's 1962, but they say he is "practicing drills for the end of civilization in a fallout shelter with his family during the Cuban Missile Crisis." The CMC was in 1961.

Whatever. I tend to like shows that provide a window (if an hilarious and inaccurate one) into the past. I hope this is worthwhile.

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 19, 2002, 09:20 AM

The X-Files was ended by Chris Carter, the show's creator and exec. producer. It was on its downward spiral.

Andy Richter's show will return as a mid-season replacement.

The Tick rocked.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
May 19, 2002, 11:03 AM

<STRONG>Those clowns at Fox really don't know how to run things, look at all the stuff they've cancelled this year:
  • The X-Files
  • Ally McBeal
  • The Tick
  • Family Guy
  • American Embassy
  • Dark Angel
  • Futurama
  • Pasadena
  • Titus
  • Greg the Bunny
  • That 80's Show
  • Undeclared
</STRONG>
  • The X-Files - Yeah well if was getting pritty crapy at the end
  • Ally McBeal - Dident watch it much but I here it was good
  • The Tick - No Comment
  • Family Guy - Yeah now that was a cool show!! Why did they have to can it
  • American Embassy - No Comment
  • Dark Angel - They cancled it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Futurama - Again, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Pasadena - No Comment
  • Titus - No Comment
  • Greg the Bunny - No Comment
  • That 80's Show - Uh, not all that great
  • Undeclared - No Comment

Dark Angel, Futurama and Family guy were great shows, why in the hell did they cancel them???

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2002, 01:49 PM

Oliver Bean sounds like a Wonder Years duplicate:

� It's 1962, and 11-year-old Oliver Beene's (Grant Rosenmeyer) world is filled with chaos. His eccentric family includes his dentist father, Jerry (Grant Shaud), whose idea of a fun Sunday is drilling his kids' teeth; mother Charlotte (Wendy Makkena), who is doing her best to be a happy homemaker; and brother Ted (Andy Lawrence), a sports fanatic never without his transistor radio. Making life more bearable are Oliver's eccentric friends, including heavyweight Neal (Ben Bookbinder) and lightweight Michael (Taylor Emerson), who is already obviously gay in a time when gay still means "happy." Narrated by the wickedly wry, adult Oliver, OLIVER BEENE depicts the trials of growing up during the Cold War. Like every kid, Oliver longs for family normalcy and peer acceptance, especially while practicing drills for the end of civilization in a fallout shelter with his family during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Along the way, Oliver must contend with Mrs. Heller (Annie Korzen), a teacher who hates him; Joyce (Daveigh Chase), a classmate who feels she's married to him; and Bonnie (Amy Castle), the unattainable red-haired girl. Writer Howard Gewirtz, ("Wings"), who survived the Cuban Missile Crisis in his own family's fallout shelter, and producer Steven Levitan ("Just Shoot Me") use flashbacks and flash-forwards to vividly re-create the Kennedy-era sixties in this fast-paced comedy.
No offense, but it's insane how close the similarities are.

gumby5647
Professional Poster
May 19, 2002, 04:38 PM

<STRONG>
  • The X-Files
  • Ally McBeal
  • The Tick
  • Family Guy
  • American Embassy
  • Dark Angel
  • Futurama
  • Pasadena
  • Titus
  • Greg the Bunny
  • That 80's Show
  • Undeclared

No offense to King of the Hill fans, but I think it sucks that it gets the cushy timeslot between The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle next season while Futurama is left at 7/6c like always, ready to be pre-empted all the time by the inane football postgame report.

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: Cellery ]</STRONG>
  • The X-Files (WAAAY past its prime..)
  • Ally McBeal (never got into it..)
  • The Tick (never saw it, looked dumb)
  • Family Guy (absolutely f*cking great, could have replaced the simpsons)
  • American Embassy (never heard of it or saw it)
  • Dark Angel (only watched it because it had a hot chick in it)
  • Futurama (it was good)
  • Pasadena (?????)
  • Titus (loved it)
  • Greg the Bunny (weird...)
  • That 80's Show (had its moments...)
  • Undeclared (dumb)
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
May 19, 2002, 04:53 PM

It also seems that FUX er I mean FOX has been trying to plug these silly game shows lately. Now FWIW if you're into that sort of crap, then fine. I personally hate reality shows and game shows with a passion.

Fox is developing a bad reputation for promotion. I'd be surprised if they even last much longer. They have failed to promote so many great programs, and that spells disaster in my opinion.

It won't be long before the future Groenings and others are laughing at offers from FOX. Lesson learned is you treat your great programs like crap and you'll get crap in return. Kharma is a mutha-fu**a sometimes.

I don't think FOX TV will last much longer.

Mike

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: MikeM32 ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules