Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Computer Came Back w/ Small Screen Damage

Computer Came Back w/ Small Screen Damage
Subaru_Nation555
Aug 26, 2007, 07:11 PM

My PowerBook G4 has been into Apple three times this summer, twice for a failed DVD drive. I just received my computer back on Friday but have not used it until today. I noticed three things that looked like dead pixels on the screen. I tried two different screen cleaners but it wasn't dirt or debris. These blemishes were not there when the computer went in for service. I can't imagine that this was a coincidence but can mishandling cause screen damage like that? So it's my word against Apples; do I have any options?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Sacha
2.2GHz MacBook Pro

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2007, 07:30 PM

Mishandling can cause dead pixels. Apple may give you a new screen. I know that they gave a friend of mine an entire new PB when they dented the bottom of the case on his 12" causing the logic board to fail.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2007, 08:21 PM

Call AppleCare, demand a replacement, and keep moving up the chain until you get it.

Subaru_Nation555  (op)
Aug 31, 2007, 04:22 AM

Well I finally got an appointment with the "genius bar". It turns out they also damaged the bezel around the bottom right corner of the top casing. They said they would ship it back and fix it right this time but I never once got an apology or any sign they felt responsible for my computer getting damaged. Overall a less than satisfactory experience from Apple. Usually I have good luck with customer service. Oh well.
2.2GHz MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules