Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] XiDG-SoapSky released

[ANN] XiDG-SoapSky released (Page 2)
eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2007, 04:58 PM

:cough::cough: I'll answer as soon as the dust clears. that's gotta be a record of some sort. and I would have done the same thang - why create a new one when there is a perfectly good thread already started. nuf rambling. Did you try to GuiTweak the solid green one? I am making the assumption that you are on Tiger.

kelesh
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 1, 2007, 05:17 PM

Yes i have gui tweak open. Its not one of the listed colors, and I haven't done anything productive with Core image yet. What am I missing?

kelesh
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2007, 02:26 PM

here's what i have so far, white on blue'sb, but the menu's are purple

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2007, 02:58 PM

That is beautiful.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2007, 03:02 PM

I see you've chosen the excellent nonmetal widgets version soooo - here is the down and dirty and probably in the long run fastest way to battle your way to the results you want. You will not need FrodoShop so don't panic.
1. Get a copy of ThemePark.
2. Apply the Ocean Blue version, logout, launch TP. Create new theme. Add [Be sure to go into options at "My Spiffy Theme" and enable MenuEnhancer.] Go under elements, add all applications [this won't affect skinning of iT7 and the like because they are not updated - yet - but it will start the process for you.] Save that file.
3. Apply Clean Green, and follow the same process but adding the apps is your choice. Be sure to logout or elements from Ocean Blue will still be left as debris. Save TPARK file.
4. Now you have two of 'em!!
5. Reload Ocean Blue. Logout [you're gettin' the idea by now]. Launch the Ocean Blue AND Clean Green TPARK files. Go to Global Elements > Menubar and Menus. Copy and Paste the elements from OB to CG and save a new file. Export GuiKit...
6. Share screenie of finished work as macnn's newest MODder!

PM me with any specific questions but I am sure you will hit this out of the TPARK.

kelesh
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2007, 11:47 AM

thanks. still planning on making buttons and arrowbars blue and updating some of the icons.

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2007, 12:16 PM

Looking good.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 5, 2007, 11:20 AM

too blue...
nice work - so you are gooing forward to remove all the white elements?

kelesh
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 5, 2007, 12:45 PM

Yeah i'm working on it. I'm editing them in Seashore using MS Paint technology though :/

Forum Links
Forum Rules