Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Apple Rhapsody, Openstep, BeOS discs

Apple Rhapsody, Openstep, BeOS discs
Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Sep 2, 2014, 01:49 AM

Hey, does anyone read these posts anymore? I hope so as I have a few neat items to sell. (Plus, it took me a while to remember that long ago I altered my user name -oy!)

Anyway, I have a few things from the collection that I want to part with. All prices are shipped to the lower 48 States (contact me if you are in Canada) and there may be room for negotiation (especially if you are interested in multiple items).

I can send photos to anyone interested as long as you send me an email address.

Set of three Apple Rhapsody DR2 discs. The discs are Rhapsody for Power Macintosh, Rhapsody for PC Compatibles, and Yellow Box for Windows NT/95. The Rhapsody disc will install and run on the platinum G3 series and some higher numbered Power Macs. These discs are the second preview series with the silver top half and colored lower half. $160.

Openstep 4 discs consisting of; Openstep Prerelease 4.2, Openstep Developer prerelease 4.2, Openstep Developer release 4.2 for Windows NT, Openstep Enterprise release 4.2. I don't have any boot floppies but the floppy images are still available on the Apple Support website. $65.

BeOS discs and manuals. BeOS 4.5.2 disc with manuals, BeOS 5.0.3 for Intel & PPC, Gobe Productive suite for BeOS 1.1 for Intel & PPC. I don't know the exact PPC hardware requirements for either of these, but I'm fairly sure G3 and higher Macs are NOT supported. $25.

Apple Think Different watch. This is the version with the black frame, white face, and rainbow Apple logo. The watch is in excellent condition but the band has a curvature from being worn several times. This is the watch that rotates counter-clockwise. $80.

Please either post here or PM me if you have any questions. Please be patient as I will only be checking this 2-4 times per day.
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

davecom
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2014, 05:09 AM

Those are some of the coolest Apple memorabilia items one can own! I used to have that watch myself - it's a good conversation piece.

3dAnimation
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2014, 08:52 PM

Indeed some cool history! Wouldn't mind booting up some of those OSes in an emulator or two.

Forum Links
Forum Rules