Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > SimCity (2013)

SimCity (2013)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 21, 2013, 12:01 PM

With the worst of news behind us, I thought it finally deserved its own thread, particularly because I've been enjoying posting pics and that doesn't need to clutter up the news thread.

Also, with a Mac port destined to land next month, there's also a distinct possibility we could create an NN community region.

---

I'm still in awe of the quality of some of these pics.

I didn't know it, but you can create tunnels and bridges over road, somehow:

Once again, the ol' SNES title screen feel:

---

I've been watching some Let's PLay videos and I swear I'm torturing myself more than providing entertainment. So. Many. Things. I would do different.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2013, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Also, with a Mac port destined to land next month, there's also a distinct possibility we could create an NN community region.
God knows I'm down. My excitement level being this high even given the catastrophic launch is a paradox of epic proportions. I haven't played a Sim City game since 2000 and just the visuals alone have me entirely hooked. My close friend is a big Sim City guy (and Mac user) who played 4 extensively despite being one of the busiest people I know. I let him know that I was probably going to get the game and he should too since he laments never playing any of the current games I get to.

I've been watching some Let's PLay videos and I swear I'm torturing myself more than providing entertainment. So. Many. Things. I would do different.
Yeah me too. I've been watching Sips' city and every two seconds I'm noticing something he doesn't (like how there were multiple buildings on fire) or how he is putting down commercial when his residential demand is off the charts. Still it's always nice to have a small orientation with any game of this scale just so I don't get caught not knowing what the hell to do.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 21, 2013, 04:48 PM

He did the tutorial for medium density which include roads and then neglects to realize his residential district has low density streets (which, having not played the game appear to me the barrier stopping those residences from upgrading). (Not to mention he could add a second road either to the commercial district or to the oil well).

I'm under the impression he's purposely taking things slow to extend the series (People do complain that you can be 'done' with a city in a matter of hours). He could easily double his population if he wanted to with how insane demand is.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 21, 2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
God knows I'm down. My excitement level being this high even given the catastrophic launch is a paradox of epic proportions.
I think it's simple. YOu probably haven't played one in years. The last one released was 10 years ago. This one has a beautiful coat of paint. It's creative. And finally, there is nothing exactly like it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2013, 04:58 PM

How many cities does a region support?

It would be nice if each of us could have two cities at the least.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 21, 2013, 05:22 PM

Up to 16, I believe.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 23, 2013, 07:17 PM

I can't take it anymore. I need to play something.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2013, 08:17 PM

"Hey Dakar, the new Sim City is out let's game!"

"But I just unlocked an Arcology on my SNES!"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 24, 2013, 01:33 PM

"Hey Dakar, the new Sim City is out let's game!"

"But I just unlocked an Arcology on my SNES!"
It's SimCity 1. I don't even know what Arcology is.

The other sad thing is I gave up trying to build cities on a budget early on in my SimCity career. Luckily the new SimCity looks much, much easier in that regard.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 25, 2013, 09:55 AM

I'm even greater than I thought I was!

Got to just shy of 250k on a budgeted city. Now, even though R and C are maxed, it takes forever to get people to move in, even with a public works project nearby. One region I had has destabilized, and Industry just keep growing and shrinking randomly. I feel I've gone about as far as I'm gonna go. So that was a fun... day.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 25, 2013, 10:11 AM

I'm so excited! I'm so scared!

Under the Hood of SimCity's Traffic

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 25, 2013, 12:27 PM

I've been watching some multiplayer let's play videos and I'm having a hard time really seeing any upside to the city interactions (aka multiplayer aspect)

First off, no one on MacNN is going to be allowed to build the Dr. Vu Tower. All it does in pile criminals into everyone else's town. Great feature. After that, you can spread pollution. Thanks. Nothing better than having my land value shat on by something out of my control. Whats to stop me from trolling a neighbor?

Next, you can get water, power, police, fire, and medical coverage from other towns but it seems spotty at best and doesn't beat doing it yourself (It couldn't possibly cost that much). Plus, here's my question – let's say you get all your police coverage from outside. What happens if that town goes belly up? Is your city suddenly screwed and overrun by criminals?

The biggest draw seems to be town works projects (like Arcology) but from what I've heard thanks to their ****ed infrastructure, what is required and when it unlocks are completely unrelated to each other.

After that, the ability to 'specialize' is noted, with a neighbor being an education city, and you being technology, etc., but really this feels like dressing up a turd because the real reason to specialize seems to be the limitation on industry thanks to city size.

(After that there's the trade market [which still isn't working last I checked], leaderboards [whoopdey-doo and also still disabled], and challenges)

They really did shit the bed on this one.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2013, 01:24 PM

I only want the multipalyer aspect to fart around and come check out someone else's city when I'm waiting for stuff to happen in my own. Most of the fun in building a Sim City is to house all necessary city functions within your own borders as efficiently as possible.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 25, 2013, 01:26 PM

Yep, it'll be real nice to just pop into someone's town to see their layout and progress.

Edit: Also, to taunt me, amazon has SimCity for $40 today.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2013, 01:32 PM

One thing the let's pay videos have taught me is that people are utterly clueless in planning out their streets.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 25, 2013, 01:36 PM

One thing the let's pay videos have taught me is that people are utterly clueless in planning out their streets.
They've taught me that people don't now how to place parks and courts in manners which either a) maximize the coverage area it very clearly demonstrates before placing; b) don't wreck a number of homes arbitrarily.

Also, people are drunk on using curved roads.

I've also watched people connect two avenues with street. It's maddening.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 26, 2013, 03:54 PM

The mother of most bugs, probably: Region commuting - SimCity - Giant Bomb

The short version

Sims commuting to school in other cities via high school buses, or to work/shopping in other cities via regional buses, get 'lost' and never return. Unconfirmed if the same applies to commuting by single cars.
Like I said, those 'beneficial' multiplayer aspects don't live up to the hype.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 26, 2013, 04:01 PM

One the things I've seen happen too often is a firetruck drives down an avenue...all the way down, to make a U turn to get to a fire they drove past a half a mile up the road. That and any emergency service vehicle waiting in a line of traffic like a real car. Also, garbage trucks lined up 4 deep all picking up garbage on the same route.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 26, 2013, 04:03 PM

One the things I've seen happen too often is a firetruck drives down an avenue...all the way down, to make a U turn to get to a fire they drove past a half a mile up the road. That and any emergency service vehicle waiting in a line of traffic like a real car. Also, garbage trucks lined up 4 deep all picking up garbage on the same route.
Vehicles can't cross opposing lanes to go to a building on the other side.

Other than that, they tweaked the traffic AI to give emergency vehicles priority and allow them to use any open lanes (I assume this means opposing included). The garbage truck thing is known... not sure if it was fixed.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 27, 2013, 11:56 AM

To say something positive, for a change, this game blows the doors off one of my pet peeves – how terrible GUIs in video games are. Here, the interface is beautiful, well organized, but most importantly, it manages to modify the game efficiently and effectively to communicate useful information in cases of density, pollution, land value, coverage. It makes data beautiful to look at. On that, Maxis deserves serious kudos.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Mar 28, 2013, 01:08 PM

Supposedly SimCity has seasons (and I've seen the trees turn orangish) but even in the SNES SimCity you got freakin' snow, which I haven't seen a flake of in all the hours of viewing so far.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 AM

One of things about games liek SimCIty is how you can never beat them, but arguably, this guy just did.
Megabumtopia One - Imgur

Just some bad decisions all around by Maxis.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 2, 2013, 03:42 PM

EA Forums

Need an extra incentive to go green in SimCity? Maybe you need a little boost in the form of the new Nissan Leaf Charging Station that is available today. This free in-game item is the perfect way to kick start your desire to create a city that will make you (and your Sims) happy. In the case of your Sims, In the case of your Sims, the Charging Station provides happiness to the Sims that use it and a onetime wave of happiness to the nearby businesses. Need another bonus? It produces no sewage or garbage. That’s right! Green indeed.

To redeem the Charging Station, just visit this Origin page () and then restart your game in order for it to appear. You will need to use the same Origin ID that you use to play SimCity.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 8, 2013, 10:24 AM

I finally found a good series to watch. It got me thinking that between all the different people I've watched play, I'm surprised none of them had run into the problems regular users seemed to be plagued with. And then this guy opened up a video saying that not only did he suffer a server rollback, his city had flat-out disappeared from their servers. ****in' A. Which just reinforces another way this always on shit sucks – their cloud server saves can't even be trusted. Now, as far as I understand it, all FPS ranks and unlocks are saved server side, yet the only game I ever saw have trouble was MW3. Granted entire cities are going to be heavier, but losing work you put it solely because they won't allow you to save to your computer is pretty galling.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 10, 2013, 11:00 AM

Coming to Mac June 11.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2013, 12:02 PM

And then this guy opened up a video saying that not only did he suffer a server rollback, his city had flat-out disappeared from their servers. ****in' A. Which just reinforces another way this always on shit sucks – their cloud server saves can't even be trusted.
That sucks, but we've always had bugs like this. Just ask any person who's played Wolfenstein multiplayer. There's a bug in the game where say if you have ranked to rank 49 (50 was the max and I think you got an achievement for 50), if you get into a game and it says your rank is rank 1 and it finishes the game, you can get demoted all the way from rank 49 to 1. Maybe not as bad as losing a city, but still a big enough pain to make people stop playing.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2013, 02:44 PM

Coming to Mac June 11.
Are you going to play Admin for a region? Not even sure how that works but I'm going to be there with you on day waiting in a queue line.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 10, 2013, 02:53 PM

Yes, I will.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 16, 2013, 12:38 PM

I can't get over how amazingly bad some people are at this. I guess it follows because its a niche genre and a series that hasn't seen a release in 10 years, but holy cow. Last night I watched Sips keep dezoning buildings that were on avenues because he though they caused traffic – thinking they'd be better off facing a smaller side street.

Duncan had industry complaining about not enough skilled workers and then bulldozed an elementary school so people would go to high school instead.

I can't even fathom the logic.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2013, 12:31 AM

Well today my buddy downloaded the PC version and we played a bit on his PC hooked up to the projector.

Curious about just how well this will run I've decided to give it a whirl in XP. It looks like I'll need Lion or better on the Mac side, so before I go through that malarky I'll see if my XP partition machine can handle it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2013, 02:46 PM

Well I played a marathon late night session, and while the game does indeed run okay, the graphics settings aren't exactly desirable. No matter, I'll eventually have to get Lion or ML come June 11th, but until then I'll tinker around in XP.

I hit a million bucks fairly quickly, thanks to taking the Sips approach, pumping lots of oil. I got down education quickly and a maxed out recycling plant to get processors up and running. For some perspective, my budget was 8,000+ in the red, but I was still making money hand over first.

Started another town and realized I had no avatar, and some boring name instead of Fatty, so I logged out to change my origin info. Logged back in, my region is unable to be loaded and I cannot access either of my cities. As yes, the brilliance of the cloud strikes again. All I can say, is that if this sort of thing happen on a city I've dumped a week or so into it will probably make me stop playing the game. Time to start a new region I suppose....

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 21, 2013, 05:16 PM

Well I played a marathon late night session, and while the game does indeed run okay, the graphics settings aren't exactly desirable. No matter, I'll eventually have to get Lion or ML come June 11th, but until then I'll tinker around in XP.
Wait, you picked it up? Extremely jealous. It's still practically two months to go… Don't think I have the willpower. How much of a pain is it to install bootcamp and Windows?

I hit a million bucks fairly quickly, thanks to taking the Sips approach, pumping lots of oil. I got down education quickly and a maxed out recycling plant to get processors up and running. For some perspective, my budget was 8,000+ in the red, but I was still making money hand over first.
Yeah its all dependent if you happen to claim a city with resources. The flaw being once it runs out you had better have all your budget ducks in a row.

Started another town and realized I had no avatar, and some boring name instead of Fatty, so I logged out to change my origin info. Logged back in, my region is unable to be loaded and I cannot access either of my cities. As yes, the brilliance of the cloud strikes again. All I can say, is that if this sort of thing happen on a city I've dumped a week or so into it will probably make me stop playing the game. Time to start a new region I suppose....
If only there were an option to back-up to your hard drive. I could give a shit if people managed to cheat using it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 21, 2013, 07:27 PM

Wait, you picked it up? Extremely jealous. It's still practically two months to go… Don't think I have the willpower. How much of a pain is it to install bootcamp and Windows?
I would recommend sticking with XP, much smaller and quicker install.

Setting up the partition through bootcamp is easy, the tricky part is then installing Windows as you would imagine. If you do go down this road I have learned one cardinal rule, always let the Windows installed format the partition again, no matter if bootcamp has already formatted it properly.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 22, 2013, 10:02 AM

I have no idea why my iMac has 18 GB to back-up since its last Time Capsule session, but hnnnnnnnnng.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 22, 2013, 11:49 AM

I don't have a wired mouse or keyboard. Is this going to be a problem when I try to install bootcamp and windows?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 22, 2013, 12:57 PM

We have an update for you, Mayors. An update about our next Update, in fact – this Monday, April 22 starting at 1pm PST we’ll be releasing Update 2.0, which contains a number of top-requested bug fixes and improvements. Here’s the full list of changes included in the Update:

What’s New

• Mayors Mansion: Mayors will now drive their fancy cars to work. Mayors will take their helicopter, limo, or sports car if the modules are present.
• HUD: Now color-corrects when in a colorblind mode.
• Data map: Data maps show the filtered color when a color filter is enabled (unless in a colorblind mode)

Fixes and Updates

• Cities not Processing: Mitigates some of the issues that were causing cities not to process. We are continuing to work on and improve this issue.
• Region Filters: Now sorts regions with available cities to the top
• Invitations: Invitations to join a region should be sent and received more quickly.
• Tourism: Fixes for unexplained fluctuation of tourists. Tourists more smartly counted on transit.
- Cruise ships are now more effective at bringing medium and high wealth tourists in coastal cities.
- New tourists will now decide to come into a city once leaving tourists reach train stations, bus depots, or cruise ship docs instead of waiting for those tourists to go out to the region first.
- This change will reduce the downtime of tourist buildings.
• Casinos: Casinos tuned so that Gambling will be a more profitable specialty. Players can bulldoze and replace existing casinos to see effects of tuning.
- The larger casinos now invite more tourists into the city which helps keep them full.
- Note that existing casinos will need to be replaced to take advantage of this change.
• More Casinos: Raised module limit on Sci-Fi and Sleek Casinos to 6 modules.
• Region Play: Cash gifts can now be received in a bankrupt city.
• Education: Fixed school buses getting stuck at the high school. Existing Schools will fix themselves.
• Education: Fixed school buses picking up students at neighboring cities that didn’t have school bus stops.
• Education: Fix to more accurately track regional student population.
• Education: Fix where kids leaving the school bus stop would teleport to the nearest pedestrian path instead of walking directly into the school.
• Education: University wings now give the proper bonus.
• Recycling: Fix for the Recycling Center where it would sometimes stop working, recycling services will visit other cities.
• Air pollution: Fixed issue where air pollution would appear to come from nowhere. Fix issues where your regional air pollution would be reflected back into your box for a double penalty.
• Fire Service: Fire Trucks don’t clump, dispatch to fires more efficiently.
• Water: Water pumps are now capable of pumping water from rivers at a larger radius so they can take better advantage of the water table in a city.
• Disasters: Cooldown for random disasters: Some players were getting hit too frequently with random disasters, this introduces a cooldown where no random disasters will occur.
• Trade: Fix for trade ports that suddenly stop shipping.
• Transit: Street Cars and Buses go to high volume stops first.
• Transit: A city with residents and public transit will now provide the accurate amount of workers and shoppers to its neighbors.
• Transit: A transit vehicle stuck in a pick-up or drop off loop will now go back to a garage instead of trying to pick up more people.
- Transit vehicles should recover automatically after the update. If players want to force the recovery, turn off the stops that are having looping issues, wait a few game hours, then turn them back on.
• Transit: Neighbors buses will now come in lower numbers into the city and do a better job at picking up local passengers first.
• Residential Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.
- Buildings are prevented from going up in density when they don’t have power or water.
- The amount of happiness gained from low taxes, police, fire, and health outreach has been lowered.
- Fixed some cases where buildings would not go abandoned when they should have.
- Higher density residential buildings are no longer blocked from going abandoned due to not having enough money.
- Happiness from low taxes does not double up every time it is given.
- Losing happiness due to not having a job is more impactful.
• Budgets: Fixed bug that prevented systems like fire, abandonment, garbage, and sewage from turning on when they were supposed to.
• Audio: Fixes issue where audio will stop working after creating a large city or where phantom audio sounds play in a city.
• Demolish: Fixes issue that occurred when players demolished buildings that had service vehicles, delivery vehicles, or agents out in the city or region. Previously, the agents would be in a state of limbo and would not recover when new buildings of that type were placed. This will no longer happen.

Because this is our first significant Update, we wanted to inform you in advance that we’ll be taking down all servers for approximately two hours while changes are being issued. Choosing a time to issue a major Update is never easy, but after looking our peak player time, we’ve concluded 1pm PST is the best window for us to make these improvements. As you can see from the list above, the wait will be worth it.

Thanks, Mayors!
The global market still isn't up and running right? The lynchpin feature of their always-online strategy?
What a joke.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2013, 02:09 PM

I don't have a wired mouse or keyboard. Is this going to be a problem when I try to install bootcamp and windows?
Not original or are your keyboard and mouse wireless Apple devices?

The mouse not so important, but running through the XP install will certainly require a wired keyboard I'd imagine. Once you are booted into Windows you install the boot-camp drivers and everything will be gravy.

Edit: Just did a bit of googling, and it seems like you will indeed need some variety of wired keyboard. Once the mouse comes into play Windows should have all USB drivers loaded and your mouse should work just fine.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 22, 2013, 02:16 PM

Keyboard is Apple Wireless, Mouse is logitech. I may have a wired keyboard around, but I definitely threw out my only remaining wired mouse a few months ago. It was so old the grease in the scrollwheel started leaking.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2013, 02:23 PM

If you can locate a wired keyboard then I'm 99% sure the rest will be gravy. I'm not sure how much experience you have with installing Windows, but just take your time and all should be well. If HDD space is a concern (as if was for me) a 20GB partition is more than enough room for XP, a smattering of apps and a big game with a gig or two left over.

So the basic steps are: Make partition using bootcamp, boot off the XP disk, let XP installer re-format the partition, once it installs put in your OSX disc and install the bootcamp drivers, then cycle through the half dozen Windows updates.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 22, 2013, 02:25 PM

Zero experience. Sounds nice and time consuming. The SimCity maintenance is scheduled for 2 hours, so it sounds like this'll be done around 8 pm, when people are freaking out because the SimCity servers were due back up two hours before and they're behind schedule.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2013, 04:48 PM

That's a lot of work to go through just to install a shitty game.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2013, 08:51 PM

Quiet you...

Just rebooted and downloaded the update, login is still closed at the moment.

Edit: Servers are back up, everything appears to be working.

Just FYI my region is on Northeast 3, and there are plenty of lots available.
( Last edited by sek929; Apr 22, 2013 at 09:15 PM. )

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 23, 2013, 10:00 AM

You may be surprised, but apparently the 2.0 patch is a broken mess!

---

Installing XP has been a saga... will update when I get home later. The short of it – karma exacting its revenge for buying this game.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 23, 2013, 04:22 PM

A Windows install not going smoothly? I refuse to believe it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 23, 2013, 04:26 PM

It's Apple's fault, sadly.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 24, 2013, 06:27 PM

Downloading the update. Nowhere on the ****ing internet does it give the size. That's absurd.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2013, 09:45 PM

Apparently the 2.0 patch made the game worse. LOLZ!!

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 25, 2013, 09:56 AM

I should probably look into getting myself a new office chair if I'm going to be having any marathon sessions. On the bright side, I can look into DOTA2 when I get tired of this.

---

If I get on tonight, I'll have to take some pics to post. This thread is devoid of personal content.

Joined sek's region, and only one of the plots had any resources worth claiming. Unfortunately it's also a very pretty shoreline so I've created this odd hybrid town of beautiful residential lining the shores (where the terrain didn't get moody) and heavy industry ripping oil and ore out of the ground, and factories smelting. Pop is still pretty low (~15k?). Depending on my cash reserves, I may just claim another plot and try to create a more proper hi-tech industry town and once it gets on its feet, use that to fund a restructuring of this town into a more aesthetically proper tourist/resort town.

Right now about 1/3rd of my residents are suffering because my oil well's pollution blows over them on the way out of the area. Thankfully, I had to restructure the oil well layout last night because I had already taken a good portion of the stuff out of the ground. I suspect after my next big session it'll be mostly tapped and can be removed.

Still don't under stand the "2 months supply" data resources. They last significantly longer than listed and the number does not seem to depreciate.

I've managed to get to 400k plus several times, but it seems like every time I've needed to either add new expensive infrastructure or redesign it, draining reserves. Though I think I may be nearing a mil at this point, as I maxed out my mining and added another smelting factory.

sek, I didn't manage to visit your city last night, trying to get a handle on the game. What's yours like?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 25, 2013, 11:42 AM

Blog Article

Unless Safari is spazzing in their infinite wisdom they made the text un copy/pastable.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2013, 12:32 PM

sek, I didn't manage to visit your city last night, trying to get a handle on the game. What's yours like?
I claimed my plot because it had a massive oil deposit, which accounts for probably 60% of the total area. It is fairly poorly laid out, with all the residential at the entrance highway, which has made managing traffic a massive pain in the ass. However, the original intent was to keep the Industrial pollution blowing off the back of my plot and not making my sims sick, and in that respect was a resounding success.

I'm nearing 100K population (was stuck in the mid 70s forever) and is mostly comprised of middle wealth. Apart from enough Commercial to keep the sims happy, most of my jobs are located in city specialization and services. I have the highest tech level, and nearing the highest education level. I have a High School, Community College, and University. All my sims are enrolled in school.

I make about 3 million in trading, 2 million of that is electronics, and most of that is from making processors. I have two maxed out processor factories, and one commercial electronics factory making TVs and computers. I have had a total of 6 different oil wells, but I'm down to just one in order to feed my power plant and oil refinery making only plastics to feed the processor factories. Eventually I will remove the final oil well and import plastics, allowing me to also demolish the refinery. I just recently set up a Trade Port, with a sea port addition. The only Trade Depot simply imports alloy, and exports metal from my recycling center.

I'm currently about 26k/hr in the negative budget-wise, which means it constantly says I'm going to go bankrupt, however my specialized industry completely outpaces that loss and I'm routinely sitting at or near 2 mil in the bank. A great deal of my budget woes are because I have to provide everything for my city (Power, Sewer, Trash/Recycling, Fire, Police, Hospital, Bus/Streetcar, Education, etc...) I hope to get some relief from neighboring cities once you are able to afford them.

My end vision for my city is a giant trash heap, brimmed with Industry and Trade, doing all the dirty work for the region. I will soon be building an advanced Nuclear Power Plant to prepare for my inevitable end of drilling oil.

Forum Links
Forum Rules