Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac to TV and TV to iMac

iMac to TV and TV to iMac
Jesper
Nov 10, 1999, 10:29 AM

I bought a new iMac DVSE and enjoy the ability to watch DVD movies, BUT I really would like to connect it to a TV-set.
I would like to be able to watch my movies on a TV and also to grab video and TV to my mac.

Is there a solution for both?
Have anyone tried/bought the MyTV, TView Micro or i�TView?

------------------
JAB

dr.sam
Nov 10, 1999, 11:05 AM

The only thing I found so far is the Power Scan Converter from www.powerr.com. But I didn^t quite understand what I really need to connect the VGA to my TV. And I think it is a little pricy, too (around 200$). If you find a suitable solution let me know...

Jesper
Nov 10, 1999, 11:57 AM

Well on iMac2day.com I found a list of peripherals (both cards and usb-devices).
I would like to see some reviews before buying any devices though...

link: http://www.imac2day.com/peripherals/video.shtml

------------------
JAB

bmyers2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 1999, 01:47 PM

I just purchased the Interview package by XLR8 and have so far been quite happy with its ability to import data from my video camera. I have a Rev A iMac but plan to purchase a DV any day. My reasoning is that it will convert my Hi8 into the digital stream required by iMovie. As far as the
topic here, I (not being a techie) hope there will soon be some software cable combination that will allow "video out" whether that be via VGA or Firewire so I can share my edited videos with family on VHS and also watch DVD movies on my TV (via the connected iMac). I was at my local
computer store and several customers were gathered around the guy discussing iMovie - one person, upon realizing he would need digital video with iMovie (aka a digital video camera) was very vocal about feeling deceived by Apple's commercials in the sense that he would be required to put out a lot more $$ to make his own edited movies. Oh well. That's why I bought Interview. Now all I need is video out.

Jesper
Nov 10, 1999, 02:17 PM

Anyone tried to talk to Apple?
Shouldn't they know about solutions?
They really should have a place on there site where thirdparty products could be "displayed"

Well, well in our dreams I suppose.... ;-)

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Nov 10, 1999, 04:59 PM

Jesper, you mean something like this?
http://guide.apple.com/usindex.html

Jesper
Nov 10, 1999, 05:50 PM

Yep! Exactly like this thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules