Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > applescript!!!

applescript!!!
purduealum
Dec 2, 1999, 11:29 PM

hi gang

i recently took delivery of a new tang book. my 128 mb of ram from coast to coast arrives tomorrow ($180). anyways, the book came shipped with 8.6 but i upgraded it to 9. i noticed that, unlike when 8.6 was installed, the applescript extension had a red x thru it. i checked the extensions folder and saw that there were 2 applescript extensions in this folder so i trashed the older one. now upon startup the first time after the trash, i went to the extensions manager control panel to find i now have a missing extension. the missing one is as follows

Name Size Version Type Creator
------------------------------------------------------------------

Extensions
AppleScript� - - INIT ascr

this is the one i trashed. upon startup, i get no applescript extension yet in the extensions folder it is there. how can i remedy this situation? before os9, the extension loaded/appeared as normal. thanx

tom

bmyers2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 1999, 01:08 AM

I experienced this too but don't remember if it was after upgrading to OS9. I noticed the red X through the Applescript icon and just as you, found two files in the extensions folder. One showing in "get info" as v1.4 and belonging to OS9 and the other something older I don't remember.

I trashed the old file and Applescript works just fine. Are you sure you have a problem? Try running a Applescript file - it might work. It did for me. Maybe the icon just doesn't show up during startup anymore?

Forum Links
Forum Rules