Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro 2016 13" lid annoyance

MacBook Pro 2016 13" lid annoyance
paularizer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2016, 06:08 PM

Hello.

I don't know if I'm just being neurotic about this but I feel like the lid on the new 2016 MacBook Pros bounces a bit too much. I mean it stays put, like it doesn't fall completely open, but when you flick it it feels like it's too loose, like it should be sturdier, bounce less.

I don't know if it's all of them or just mine. I'm upgrading from a 2011 MacBook Air 11", which has a very sturdy lid - doesn't bounce, or bounces much less.

I mean, everything is fully functional and well, just this minor thing that's kind of annoying.

I wonder if anyone else noticed this about the new MBP '16. Am I just being neurotic.

To be clear, I'm talking about the screen/lid in the open position. When you flick it, that BOING response is a bit too pronounced.

Thanks.

Thomas67
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2016, 03:36 AM

I've noticed it too and, at first, it also bugged me but now I just get used to it. There's nothing you could do about it I think.

Cheers,
Ed

Forum Links
Forum Rules