Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > BarCodes Numbers??

BarCodes Numbers??
mgoulet25
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2003, 10:16 AM

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this message but I really need some help. I'm currently at the stage of restructuring a store and putting every item, book, comic and vinyls LP's on a database to eventually bring it out on the Net, on a Web site to sell them.

The problem is that lots of old collectors items like comic books and vinyls don't have any barcodes at all, they didn't exist then, so I have to create them. I found some software that generates "graphic" barcodes but not the numbers of the barcodes themselves!! I really need a software that generates NUMBERS, 13 digits standard barcodes, to apply them to a barcode generator software! Is it possible to have a software that executes both of these operations? Because I can't possibly imagine to create, by hand, more than 200,000 barcodes numbers.

Can't seem to find anything at all on the Net,... except some windows stuff!

Thanks in advance!

Marylene

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 6, 2003, 07:50 PM

I'm not sure if you have to hand number the codes with this program, but check it out anyway. Maybe it will suit your needs. A search for "barcodes" at version tracker gave a full page of results. Let me know how you make out.
Nemo me impune lacesset

mgoulet25  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2003, 10:23 AM

Thank you for answering my request. I just checked the link you provided me and I'm waiting for a confirmation email from the company who created the software. I'm not really sure it contains a function to generate random numbers, but the software itself looks useful.

I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Marylene

Forum Links
Forum Rules