Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > LaserWriter 8 Failing

LaserWriter 8 Failing
Exizl del Fuego
Apr 19, 2004, 06:06 PM

Hey, I've got a PowerMac running Mac OS 9.2.2 that I'm trying to get to print to an HP4100 over IP using LPR. I'm not sur ewhat happened to the user's computer, but every time I try to open up Desktop Printer Utility, it immediatly brings up the error "Desktop printer utility cannot run without laserwriter 8.6.5 or greater. You may need to enable it from the extensions manager or reinstall it." I've tried replacing my copy of LaserWriter 8 with a fresh copy of LaserWriter 8 v8.7.1 to no avail. I also tried deleting the LaserWriter 8 Prefs, but that didn't help either. I've no idea why it isn't working... every time I come across a mac exhibiting this behavior, swapping in a fresh copy of LaserWriter 8 has solved the problem. Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules