Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Comp dies after I unplug power cord

Comp dies after I unplug power cord
evo_333
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2007, 12:50 AM

Hey guys... 1st time poster, but looking for some help. I bought a MBP 15" about 6 months ago and have had zero problems thus far. I love my MBP btw. But tonight is my first time experiencing any problems.

Anytime I unplug the power cord, the laptop immediately shuts off without fail. SOO, it leads me to believe it is directly related to the battery. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm trying to locate the source of the problem.

ibook_steve
Mar 1, 2007, 12:58 AM

Are you sure your battery is seated correctly and has charge (button on battery)?

Steve

tcphoto
Mar 10, 2007, 10:51 AM

I would take it into an Apple Store and talk to someone. Last week, I took the battery for my 1.33 in that I received on the battery recall. It shutdown every time after unplugging the power cord. They simply opened a new battery box and exchanged it on the spot.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2007, 12:59 PM

You might want to check the battery serial number: 15-inch MacBook Pro Battery Exchange Program.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2007, 01:11 PM

I love your title for this thread!

"Comp dies after I unplug power cord"

I must admit I was hoping that you were posting about a desktop...

ajfors2080
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2007, 01:08 AM

I just started having the exact same problem with my computer. The computer said the battery was charged, as did the lights on the battery itself. Unplug and all dies! So, I plugged in, started up and ran a free maintenance program that I have. I rebooted and all was well. Titanium Software
Good luck!

skew
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2007, 03:17 AM

I had the same thing with my MacBook.

Same experience as another poster for me, took it into Apple Store and the guy took a battery of the shelf, signed a form and fitted it for me.

No problem.

Skew.
--wake up--

Forum Links
Forum Rules