Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Display Problem with DA 733

Display Problem with DA 733
Googer-Giger
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2007, 09:20 AM

Hi guys, i wasn't sure where to post this,

I got my DA 733 a week ago, I didn't have an ACD for it, so i just plugged my Dell display into it with VGA, it worked fine. Well, I got my 15" ACD (first gen) yesterday. When I plug that in via ADC and turn the machine on, the display lights up like it should, but with a yellow light, and the startup noise is quite messed up, and it gets me to the apple logo, but no further.

I have not modified anything else but the display.
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

Googer-Giger  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2007, 11:13 AM

Now when I plug the Dell back in, it still has the funky startup noise, but boots up.
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

P
Aug 26, 2007, 12:54 PM

Could be that the powersupply in the Mac can't handle the load. ADC provides power to the display through the ADC-connection, something VGA, DVI and the rest don't.

Try running a hardware test. Not sure if Apple shipped a test CD with machines that old, but look for onw.

Googer-Giger  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2007, 01:50 PM

Yeah it's got tiger on it, so I'll run the test with a disc.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 26, 2007, 02:19 PM

G4 Hardware Test, run it, hopefully that will help.
ice

Googer-Giger  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2007, 02:45 PM

I did the hardware test, it seems ok, maybe the speaker cable was just unplugged when I reached back for the display cable, it seems fine now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules