Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where are your G5's coming from...Is it taboo to say?

Where are your G5's coming from...Is it taboo to say?
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2003, 09:04 AM

I'm just thinking, If I ordered my G5 from a vendor and that vendor is getting a shipment of over 500 duallie G5's, there may be others here who ordered from that same vendor. When our G5's don't come on time, we can match stories. If they come in, we can confirm we've recieved our orders. If they're in bad shape when they get here, we can compare stories again.

I noticed no one is really mentioning where they are getting their G5's. Is it taboo to bring it up?
ebuddy

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2003, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
I'm just thinking, If I ordered my G5 from a vendor and that vendor is getting a shipment of over 500 duallie G5's, there may be others here who ordered from that same vendor. When our G5's don't come on time, we can match stories. If they come in, we can confirm we've recieved our orders. If they're in bad shape when they get here, we can compare stories again.

I noticed no one is really mentioning where they are getting their G5's. Is it taboo to bring it up?
Sacramento, Ca. (whoops!! That's where it is being (soon) assembled! lol) 10/10 or......
"Sometimes you're the bug....Sometimes the windshield"

flyhigher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 06:19 PM

Most people seem to be getting them from the online Apple store.

I have yet to see a single report, on any Mac forum, of someone receiving a Dual G5 from a reseller.
"I warned them kids to keep their arms inside the ride. Damnedest thing I ever saw."

kcourt
Sep 21, 2003, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by flyhigher:
Most people seem to be getting them from the online Apple store.

I have yet to see a single report, on any Mac forum, of someone receiving a Dual G5 from a reseller.
I bought my last two Macs from MacConnection - I had excellent service. I am probably going to do this again.

Kathy

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2003, 09:48 AM

I ordered from PC Connection. I've ordered other products from them and they have good reviews from me, great reviews from others. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I didn't order from the Apple Store. My latest email from PC Connection states they are getting their shipment in on 9/26 and I should have it by 9/29. The order of course is still "open" and I'm just waiting for Friday.
ebuddy

ourisman
Sep 23, 2003, 11:25 AM

I ordered from PowerMax (in Portland, OR) the day of the announcement. They called me at 8 a.m. this morning with the good news that Apple is sending them their large (100+) order of duals imminently. javascript:smilie('')

A great reseller, btw. They bench test everything before they send it out. They're also installing 2X512 MB RAM sticks @ $106 each (and benchtesting). A bit more than crucial, but less expensive than ramjet. Not a bad price ... plus having it installed by an Apple reseller removes any question in the event of a warranty claim.

Forum Links
Forum Rules