Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Disk Verification

Disk Verification
wake266
Mar 16, 2007, 07:10 PM

When I attempt to install boot camp on my macbook(I have done it once, before, i deleted it but now i need to install it agian), the attempt to partion my disk fails, and the reason the reason given is that the disk cannot be verified. It says use disk utility to fix this problem. so i go to disk utility and try to verify. It says the disk needs repair. But it has no repair disk option. How to I repair my disk? am just not seeing the button or is much harder?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 16, 2007, 09:58 PM

I'd try Disk Warrior.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 17, 2007, 09:59 AM

BOOT FROM THE OS X DVD and THEN try DiskUtility (from the Tools menu). OS X will not easily allow you to hose up your boot drive, and this is one way it prevents that.

I had this problem when I installed Boot Camp, and the procedure I posted above is how I fixed it. Really, it was no problem at all.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2007, 12:15 PM

Disk Warrior or Disk Utility can not be run on a drive that has an active system. You have to start up from the CD (or DVD). That way your hard drive has no open files. Pop in the CD, reboot, hold down the "c" key and fix that drive!

Forum Links
Forum Rules