Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB buying advise

PB buying advise
maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2005, 05:41 AM

Is now a good time for buying PB?
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
May 17, 2005, 06:07 AM

Well, did a lot change since you considered buying it the last time (your April thread) ?

What does the Mac Rumors Buyer's guide suggest? Any changes since last month? Right now it's on neutral.

It always comes down to the same problem: If you need it, get it. If you are willing to wait for the next big revision (i.e. maybe HD widescreen and later G5 sometime in the future?), wait. There will always be something better coming along with the next update. Always, no matter when you buy.
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
May 17, 2005, 06:13 AM

If it were me, I would wait until MacWorld coming up in about 3 weeks, June 6-10, 2005. Since the Powerbooks haven't been truly "updated" in a while, I'm guessing that they'll release updated PowerBooks. Just my guess.

Randman
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2005, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ambassadeur
Well, did a lot change since you considered buying it the last time (your April thread) ?
You're right. Like 90% of the posts are related this very same subject.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules