Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Radtech Portectorz

Radtech Portectorz
gametime10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2005, 06:03 PM

Taken from http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/07...ech/index.php:

The third product offered by RadTech at Macworld Expo Boston is Portectorz, which protects your PowerBook or iBook's data, video and audio ports. Portectorz start at $19.95, and are available for 12- and 14-inch iBook, and the 12-, 15-inch PowerBook. Portectorz for the 17-inch PowerBook will be coming soon, the company said.

Looks like a potentially useful product... thoughts?

http://www.radtech.us/Products/Portectorz.aspx

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2005, 06:07 PM

Those look cool. I like the idea.

ImpulseResponse

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Jul 14, 2005, 06:45 PM

I have had one for 6 months now (bought the exact same from Apple Store in Singapore) and I'm glad I did. It looks great and you have the benefit of having those exposed ports protected from dust and anything else when you're out and about with your precious Powerbook.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 14, 2005, 07:09 PM

Just when you thought they'd run out of ideas for making stuff for Powerbooks...
They make this..
Great idea..
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

evilernie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2005, 10:45 PM

Great idea, but $24 for a piece of silicone? Sounds kinda steep.

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2005, 12:44 AM

True.. and how you can cut it out is a good idea... but i think they should have made them individual peices to begin with

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2005, 10:30 PM

The Japanese were the first to market something like this: Cap I/O for PB. They're quite cheap in Southeast Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand sell these).

Not sure if they'll ship to the US, or if they have a distributor in the US (I doubt it). PowerSupport USA also makes interesting and reasonably-priced accessories.

For me, though, I fid most of Radtech's stuff a tad too expensive -- nice to have, but not a need.

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by ginoledesma
The Japanese were the first to market something like this: Cap I/O for PB. They're quite cheap in Southeast Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand sell these).

Not sure if they'll ship to the US, or if they have a distributor in the US (I doubt it). PowerSupport USA also makes interesting and reasonably-priced accessories.

For me, though, I fid most of Radtech's stuff a tad too expensive -- nice to have, but not a need.
If you look at Radtec website, it says product of Japan

PowerSupportUSA has nice stuff... i have their WristPad, Trackpad protector, and Screen Film but shipping is $$$ and their stuff doesn't come cheap.

sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 16, 2005, 02:25 AM

Mine are on the way...
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ginoledesma
Cheap? Definitely not in Singapore.
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Forum Links
Forum Rules