Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > I have some audio clips (currently in FCP 2) and I'd like to make them sound like they are coming th

I have some audio clips (currently in FCP 2) and I'd like to make them sound like they are coming th
zorn
Dedicated MacNNer
May 24, 2001, 09:44 PM

So I have a scene involving a char talking on the phone, I captured the other guy talking and it sinks up well but I'd like to add some distortion to make it sound like its coming from the phone?

Any help?

I have FCP, Peak for DV, and Soundforge on my windows box if needed.

-Mike

------------------
$post_count++;
~ Mike
--
Personal Site: MikeZornek.com
Other Interests: WebDevWiki.com

Paulos
Forum Regular
May 24, 2001, 11:57 PM

Have you considered actually playing it down a phone and recording it at the other end?

Nothing beats authenticity.

Mighty Hetfield
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2001, 02:04 PM

Paulos' idea is excellent. I'm sure there are sound filters that emulate phones but I'd thing its too much trouble for nothing. If playing through a phone gets too distorted, try plying through regular speakers and recording with a cheap mic. Believe me, I've got very realistic AM radio sounds using that system. With a few adjustments, no one will believe it's not Bellsouth!!!

Good luck.

oobi
May 30, 2001, 01:54 PM

"telephone" sound is just extremely bandwidth limited. Use eq's to roll off ALL the highs over 5K and roll off ALL the lows below 100hz Peak it a little around 4-5K

Forum Links
Forum Rules