Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > USA Sucks! Woo-Hoo!

USA Sucks! Woo-Hoo!
Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 12:36 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0905/1427913.html

USA basketball not only lost but they won't even get a MEDAL this year!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bunch of rich bitch *******s who have illigitimate children all over the world finally getting what they deserve...

If the NBA didn't exist...those dumbasses would still be "ballin" for free much less demanding "max money yo'" or else "i be bouncin' G". yeah...i bet they earned them scholarships in college, that is if they could even get one...

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2002, 12:56 AM

I've never been so embarrassed for a USA sport in international competition....simply pathetic!

The NBA has been ruined for so long now (ever since 18 year olds began to run the league IMHO)...oh well, at least College Basketball is still "real"....

U...S...Ass

fulmer
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2002, 01:32 AM

alas, the days of magic, larry, and michael are gone. guess the good NBA players weren't too concerned about what they could do for their country. they are losers on and off the court (the ones that didn't participate--not the guys who tried).

andymcdeee
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2002, 06:42 AM

HA! AND NEW ZEALAND IS IN THE SEMI'S!!!!!!!!

WE DON'T EVEN REALLY PLAY THE GAME AND WE'RE BETTER THAN THE YANKS!!!!!!!!

Ok, so they beat us in the round - but then lost two games in a row.

Wicked. Truely cool. Go the kiwis!!!!!!!

OreoCookie
Sep 6, 2002, 07:00 AM

And the �Basketball nation' Germany is also in the semi finals! Way to go.

Kinda reminds me of the soccer world champion ship. South Korea has thrown out quite a bunch of good teams.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 08:38 AM

TO be honest, I think this is AWESOME!
So. Whaddya get when you get a liiiittttle too cocky?
SMACKED.
So. What was this team, really. The B team? C? Too many "A" gamers too busy watching someone wax their Bently? Too busy killing the help?
Good. The NBA is entirely too damned big for its silky britches anyway.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 09:59 AM

I think its because they were too busy spending all thier millions to really give a crap about these games. If I were 18 yrs old, I probably would too.

No one really cares about them anymore, its old news. At least I didnt even know they were going on.

Apple Pro Underwear  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 10:14 AM

best part is they look genuinely humiliated

the players have made it less of a sport and more of a business these last few years and it's what they deserve. it is to my opinion that europeans and etc have more fun playing that americans do now

high school prospects in NYC talk in our local paper about how they want fame and fortune before they even speak of how much they "love" the game now

i personally like read to see these same prospects leave college early and get drafted late to only suck in the nba and the newspapers always interview them again and they always whine how they made the wrong choice. suckers.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 10:51 AM

i'd watch college bball before the nba anyday...too bad alot of the players on the US team suck a fatty...isnt reggie miller on the team..he is good but what is he 60...

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Matsu
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 12:38 PM

It's just a matter of time before the first string players start struggling against international competition aswell. More and more NBA teams are drafting outside the US, but also more and more US colleges are tapping foreign talent.

In 10 years time the Americans are going to get the same rude awakening that visited Canadian Hockey and European Football. They'll still be great, but they won't win unless they really earn it.
Apple: bumping prices, not specs.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 12:48 PM

Oh my. talk about being PC(politically correct ). Yeah i am shocket, i mean that's Americas sport and all.... i always thought they dominated it. oh well...

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 01:48 PM

Thank the basketball gods that they got bitch slapped back to reality. The NBA is a discrace. Jordan was the last bit of integrity that they had, and they are falling fast without him. After this years playoffs and finals, I have denounced the NBA for good. The corruption was so evident this past season. I have been a huge fan for as long as I can remember. I still absolutely LOVE the game, but I absolutely HATE the NBA. They are ruining the sport for the kids here in the US. I hope the NBA whithers away to nothing. The sooner, the better.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 01:50 PM

Congrats to the winners, and I think it's great that other countries are getting better, but I think the response is a bit overdone. If the U.S. had put up its best players, it wouldn't even have been a competition. Maybe that's one reason they stayed home.

As for dissing the NBA, the Yugoslavian team was composed of . . . five NBA players. They must think there's something to it.

Not that I care. The NBA could fold tomorrow and it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference to me. But arrogant or not, it's still home to the best basketball in the world.

Forum Links
Forum Rules