Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Downgrade to PHP 4.2.x...

Downgrade to PHP 4.2.x...
RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2003, 11:40 PM

I installed PHP 4.3 on my system not knowing about the globals_on issue with GoLive -- and i can't get the beta GoLive "fix" to work with PHP 4.3.

That said, is there any "easy" way to downgrade back to the PHP version that comes with an OS X 10.2 install?

I'm dying here!

TIA,
Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

cwasko
Senior User
Jul 12, 2003, 03:00 PM

A little off topic, but what 'globals_on' issue are you referring to? The reason I ask is that I use PHP 4.3.2 and GoLive and I haven't had any issues at all.

As far as reverting back to 4.2. Use Pacifist or some other utility that can read the pkg files and just extract the 4.2 module. The apache modules are located in /usr/libexec/httpd.

Also, how did you install 4.3? Did you roll-your-own or did you use the package from entropy.ch?

Forum Links
Forum Rules