Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > 17" Powerbook 1.33 parts at BLOWOUT prices

17" Powerbook 1.33 parts at BLOWOUT prices
jeremyrx7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2006, 11:25 AM

Everything is in perfect working order with the exception of the following:

1. My main logic board is blown so I can't sell that.
2. My bottom case has a small dent on one side, I would still sell it if someone wants one for cheap.

That's it. Everything else works perfect the LCD has NO dead pixels and I have an 80GB 5400 RPM HD and 512MB PC2700 ram. Also I have the system restore DVD and OSX 10.3 Panther CD's which I won't need anymore if anyone needs them.

Instead of listing prices, I will let you guys make me offers, normally I will take any offer that is above about 50% of the retail cost of the item from the online stores.

Also, just to let everyone know I have this thing listed on a lot of forums, so I will be trying to keep all of them updated with top offers and parts that have already been sold.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Top Offers:
Hard Drive - Ryan T. - $55 shipped
( Last edited by jeremyrx7; Mar 24, 2006 at 07:33 PM. )

SSharon
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2006, 02:56 PM

Welcome to the marketplace. As per forum rules please post an asking price.

Also, if the price is right I want the HD.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2006, 05:23 PM

how much you want for the whole thing?

hills_9999
Mar 24, 2006, 05:48 PM

Check your PMs

jeremyrx7  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2006, 06:26 PM

SSharon, sorry about not posting a price, do I have to list acceptable minimum prices for all my components? or what an acceptable price for the whole thing is?

RiDDLeRIZE, honestly I was hoping to get about $700-$800 for it when I found out the logic board was going to cost $695 to have fixed, however since looking around online I think I might be able to get more out of it by parting it out (about $800 for a replacement LCD display and mine is perfect) since everything on it is mint minus the parts I mentioned above. Although it may prove very difficult to turn down $700 for a quick and easy sale.

RyanT, thanks for the offer I posted you as top offer in my first post. For the more salable items (LCD display, inverter board, HD, memory) I would like to leave top offers up for around a week, and if no one bids higher I will sell it. For the smaller less desirable items, I will pretty much take any price that is close to fair

Also, I would like to point out that at this moment my powerbook is in California still were it was diagnosed, and is currently on it's way back to me in Ohio so I will be unable to actually pull any components out until then obviously.

Thanks for the interest so far!
( Last edited by jeremyrx7; Mar 24, 2006 at 07:04 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules