Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Problems with preview - corrupted/not loading

Problems with preview - corrupted/not loading
anothermacguy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2006, 05:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with preview (actually its been months but I've just been avoiding it). Some time ago, I deleted the folder I had which contained preview, and subsequently reinstalled it, and some other multimedia related apps from my OSX CD. I've also done all subsequent installations and updates. I'm using an Intel iMac btw.

Anyways, when I try to launch preview it says it cannot launch Preview because it may be damaged or incomplete. Short of wiping and reinstallling, is there a way I can get Preview to work? At the same time, I've also noticed one/two sound related issues, so I'm wondering if I may have deleted something else outside of the Application folder and forgot about. Can I copy only Preview from somewhere on the OSX CD to my HD? If so, can anyone tell me where on the disc it is? Should I copy any other files to a Library folder somewhere on my HD?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot ladies and gents
( Last edited by anothermacguy; Nov 12, 2006 at 05:29 PM. )

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 12, 2006, 10:51 PM

what other folder are you keeping preview in?......it should be left in "applications"

anothermacguy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2006, 06:49 PM

even in the Application folder it doesn't work (and btw, no, for the 6 years I've used/owned OSX, it hasn't had to reside in the applications folder) - and it is still working in the same folder structure on my other machine (also Intel) - so this isn't the issue

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2006, 12:24 AM

hmm, odd. anyway, i think you should be able to find it on the install cd and just copy it over. sounds like something got wonky with it somewhere along the way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules