Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Siemens S56 mobile syncs events 1 hr. early

Siemens S56 mobile syncs events 1 hr. early
ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2003, 05:31 AM

Hi.

Anyone else have the Siemens S56 mobile phone yet? I picked one up at cingular the other day and I just got a bluetooth usb adapter. After sync'ing the s56 with my Powerbook (Pismo), I find that my events are scheduled exactly 1 hour earlier on the phone than on iCal.

Anyone have any idea how to remedy this? Thanks, folks.

BTW, how is Cingular as a carrier? Sucky? And T-Mobile? I'm in souther calif. Again, thanks.
I, ASIMO.

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2003, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
Hi.

Anyone else have the Siemens S56 mobile phone yet? I picked one up at cingular the other day and I just got a bluetooth usb adapter. After sync'ing the s56 with my Powerbook (Pismo), I find that my events are scheduled exactly 1 hour earlier on the phone than on iCal.

Anyone have any idea how to remedy this? Thanks, folks.

BTW, how is Cingular as a carrier? Sucky? And T-Mobile? I'm in souther calif. Again, thanks.
That's a nice phone! Congrats!

I can't answer your first question but....

I didn't like Cingular very much. When I was in New York City, I couldn't roam for some reason. Any number I dialed I would get an error message. I spent HOURS on the phone with Cingular before they finally said "it's not our problem, it's AT&T's"

A little while later I dropped them and went for T-Mobile. Their rates are great and their service has been excellent too.

holygoat
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2003, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
I find that my events are scheduled exactly 1 hour earlier on the phone than on iCal.
My first guess would be that one of them is set to Summer Time and one not - the difference in set time is caused by conversion between the two.

Make sure both devices are set to the same setting and time zone.
( Last edited by holygoat; Jun 20, 2003 at 09:42 AM. )

ASIMO  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2003, 03:24 AM

Originally posted by holygoat:
My first guess would be that one of them is set to Summer Time and one not - the difference in set time is caused by conversion between the two.

Make sure both devices are set to the same setting and time zone.

My mac is set to use the network time server, and I did verify that the phone is set to daylight saving time (DST), or Summer Time as you Europeans dub it. Still nothing. I'll play with this some more and maybe try sync'ing the two absent DST and network time server.

Thank you both.
I, ASIMO.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2003, 10:25 PM

Same phone, Same problem Here, Any answer???

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

ParTi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2003, 11:23 PM

I have AT&T so can't help you there, however I had the same timezone problem. Things seem to be working fine now after turning on both DST and Auto Timezone. You'll get annoying messages that the Timezone has been set from time to time with Auto Timezone. Don't know if that option was needed.

I had to remove the phone from iSync and add it back with the option to clear out the phone on syncing. I think the conversion might happen on the transfer.

Good luck, and enjoy your phone!

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2003, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the help, I did some of the things listed above (checked DST and autotime zone on the phone, removed the phone as a bluetooth device and then readded it and synced), and it seems to have resolved.

Also, as a side note - the siemens s56 is a SWEET phone, and iSync'ing your cell phone is the best thing ever - super convenient.

I am really looking forward to cell phone bluetooth faxing in panther (not that i fax often, but that is damn cool).

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Dougmc
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2003, 12:02 PM

I was having the same problem�agenda items being off by an hour on the phone compared to iCal. But, once I confirmed that the timezones were set the same on the two devices, then removed the phone from iSync, adding it back to iSync and then performing a synchronization again, all is well.

I'm absolutely overwhelmed with the performance I'm getting with this phone. I've maintained my Cingular service here in central Indiana without a problem for a number of weeks now.
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules