Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Every Dog Has It's Day

Every Dog Has It's Day
Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2004, 09:15 AM

You have to be a pariah to say what's on everyone else's mind

From the BBC:
Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has accused US leader George W Bush of behaving as though he is God, with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair his prophet.

He said the US and the UK were "raining bombs and hell-fire on innocent Iraqis, purportedly in the name of democracy."

"We are now being coerced to accept and believe that a new political-***-religious doctrine has arisen, namely that there is but one political God, George W Bush, and Tony Blair is his prophet," Mr Mugabe said to scattered applause at the UN headquarters.

He said that while the US and the UK urged Africa to embrace democracy, they oppose any moves to make the UN Security Council, where they both have permanent seats, more representative.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2004, 01:22 PM

I'm not sure that last statement is true -- don't both the US and UK support expanding the size of the UNSC, including the addition of more permanent members like Japan?

MATTRESS
Banned
Sep 23, 2004, 01:31 PM

That's correct. The US supports adding Japan as a permanent member.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 23, 2004, 02:33 PM

Who gives a crap what the racist, primitive, dictator fool mugabe thinks ?

Is he one of your heroes troll ?

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2004, 03:07 PM

Mugabe is the poster child of the UN's way of "thinking".

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2004, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Who gives a crap what the racist, primitive, dictator fool mugabe thinks ?

Is he one of your heroes troll ?
Sounds like you're the racist.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 23, 2004, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Nicko:
You are reported, and so will any other moron on here, who calls me a racist.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2004, 04:07 PM

Racist! : points at Pachead :

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

zen jihad
Sep 23, 2004, 04:30 PM

Michail Gorbacev has said something similar today. In fact, I think most of the world says things along the lines of Mugabe, in regards to the US. Funny that.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2004, 04:37 PM

Though he may sound racist, you may want to look up some stuff on Mugabe. PacHead's description of him is actually pretty accurate.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2004, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Though he may sound racist, you may want to look up some stuff on Mugabe. PacHead's description of him is actually pretty accurate.
Accurate or not, PacHead's post seems to have missed the point entirely and charged down the well-trodden ad hominem logical fallacy path.

Mugabe's character (or total lack of it) doesn't make his comments true or false. Or did no one else read the title of the thread?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

swrate
Senior User
Sep 23, 2004, 05:12 PM

Invoking Allah?
Come on, strange democracy, praying before sessions in the Pentagone, studying the Bible, this to be forgiven the few deaths on the way to ....
Pipelines

Oil giant CORP's are violiating laws all over the planet, Iraq has the right to retaliate, because it's happening over there too, just we dont get the pics on the web.

http://www.bakuceyhan.org.uk/

Note to Pachead:
and why is he a dork, please explain? The glasses? the colour of the skin? the clothes? Are all the people different from you dorks?
Pipe lines
not the Paradise with the virgins flying
homework:
- explain the Virgin concept for a 18 year old female.

�t's all coke i guess
( Last edited by swrate; Sep 23, 2004 at 05:18 PM. )

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 23, 2004, 06:22 PM

Here's a new rule for ya, I'm just going to start deleting posts that call other members racists, nazi's or just about any other offensive terms. It would be one thing if the use of these terms was warranted, but sadly, that's rarely the case. Unless someone makes a BLATENTLY racist comment, keep it to yourself.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2004, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by PacHead:
You are reported, and so will any other moron on here, who calls me a racist.
Nice job with your punctuation

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 01:50 AM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
Here's a new rule for ya, I'm just going to start deleting posts that call other members racists, nazi's or just about any other offensive terms. It would be one thing if the use of these terms was warranted, but sadly, that's rarely the case. Unless someone makes a BLATENTLY racist comment, keep it to yourself.
Hey, Everybody!

This thread is very much an example of the geo-political world
in microcosym.

It was started by a poster whose sentiments lean toward the left and when the inevitable squabbling occurred it took a strong force to come in, dominate the thread starter's domain and restore order.

JOhnKErry = JOKE

Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2004, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by aberdeenwriter:
JOhnKErry =
Wtf does Kerry have to do with this thread?

As for Pachead, no Mugabe is not one of my heroes. I thought that much was evident from my calling him a "dog" or from the other posts I've made comparing his human rights record to Saddam Hussein. I think Mugabe pre-syphilis wasn't such a bad guy and I think there needed to be land reform in Zimbabwe, but unfortunately his brain has gone to hell. Still, not caring what anyone thinks of you does give you the advantage of being able to say what everyone else thinks but doesn't tell you because they do care what you think.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2004, 07:48 PM

I'm sure Mugabe knows alot about abusing his populations and killing. I hear he like spending time out on the farm�er, farms.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2004, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Troll:
Wtf does Kerry have to do with this thread?

"I'm John Kerry and I approved this thread."

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2004, 09:18 PM

"I'm John Kerry and I approved this thread."

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2004, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
VERY NICE ASSIST!!!!

Way To Go CreepingDeath!

I'd want you watching my back in a fight!

Cool!

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2004, 09:36 PM

VERY NICE ASSIST!!!!

Way To Go CreepingDeath!

Cool!

I made it like a week ago. Calm down. But thanks anyway.

I've wanted to use that one sooo bad this week.
Anyone who goes to a African dictator or killer for advice needs to check into room 107 and talk to Number 2 for assistance. Can't they go to�uh�some European for the ******** like that? Come on, you know there's gotta be some quote of the week from those guys Over There?

OT: Aberdeen, I took your suggestion and listen to Coast to Coast with Nader on. I thought I was going to vomit. In fact, here's a cartoon in relation to Nader's stance:

I thought anagoq0k was talking. My God, he sounded like Lenin! When someone mentions "corporations" every other sentence, there's a big ol' red flag, literally.
( Last edited by CreepingDeth; Sep 26, 2004 at 09:59 PM. )

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2004, 10:13 PM

I made it like a week ago. Calm down. But thanks anyway.

I've wanted to use that one sooo bad this week.
Anyone who goes to a African dictator or killer for advice needs to check into room 107 and talk to Number 2 for assistance. Can't they go to�uh�some European for the ******** like that? Come on, you know there's gotta be some quote of the week from those guys Over There?

OT: Aberdeen, I took your suggestion and listen to Coast to Coast with Nader on. I thought I was going to vomit. In fact, here's a cartoon in relation to Nader's stance:

I thought anagoq0k was talking. My God, he sounded like Lenin! When someone mentions "corporations" every other sentence, there's a big ol' red flag, literally.
Yeah. I was suprised how much Nader has changed since the time I kinda admired him, looong ago. LOLOL

So, Mugabe has VD huh? Oh well.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2004, 10:17 PM

Yeah. I was suprised how much Nader has changed since the time I kinda admired him, looong ago. LOLOL
No ****!
He was always out there. Maybe it was you who changed.

Corporate Welfare?!
I didn't hear him give a definition of that the whole show!
And everything is run by conspiratorial corporations and blah blah blah blah blah.
Wasteful defense spending? What about the social programs, Nader?!

And even worse, George rolled over and played along with him! I don't know his politics, but I hope last night was not an accurate representation.

Solomon Grundy
Sep 27, 2004, 02:18 AM

Way to derail a thread with irrelevant John Kerry posts and lame graphics.
You guys RULE!!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2004, 03:36 AM

and your contribution was as relevant as mine is.

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 04:58 AM

VERY NICE ASSIST!!!!

Way To Go CreepingDeath!

Cool!

If you ask nicely, I'm sure someone here will give you the money you need to get a room.

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 05:01 AM

Anyone who goes to a African dictator or killer for advice needs to check into room 107 and talk to Number 2 for assistance.
Wooosh - the sound of the point going over your head!

No one is taking advice from Mugabe. Because Mugabe is already as deep in it as he is ever likely to get though, he doesn't pull any punches and says what the rest of the world is too afraid to say for fear of upsetting America.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2004, 09:21 AM

Troll; with all due respect man;
what the rest of the world is too afraid to say for fear of upsetting America.
Is The International community saying anything nice to PLEASE Americans? I'm not seeing any shyness when it comes to questioning US foreign policy. I do think it's important to consider the sources. This world will come to a head of ideals. You are imperialistic, I'm imperialistic, Saddam is imperialistic, OBL is imperialistic, Bush is Imperialistic. This world will eventually come to a head of ideals. Those that do not want the spread of Western influence abroad and those that do not wish to see America strengthen it's global posture will oppose our actions. They are not shy. They do not fear upsetting America. These folks have been upsetting America throughout the course of history.

Now on to Swrate's comment; when Bush sanctions the beheading of hostages in the name of Yeshua I'll entertain your comparison of concern over Bush engaging Bible studies. When most of the prominent "thinkers" in Bush's administration calls for Judaism Jihad I'll be looking to you for advise regarding our intentions. Praying before sessions in the Pentagon? Yeah? Uh, this nation was founded by Christians and most of it's drafters of the Constitution believed we were endowed by our Creator. Should we not pray to this same Creator for enlightenment. Seems to me as a nation little more than 200 years old; we are extremely blessed. I say...keep praying. Now, when your God tells you that women and non-combatants, and construction workers, truck drivers and health care workers should be targeted, kidnapped and beheaded, then I'll be willing to say; "I'm not sure they are praying to the proper God for enlightenment."
ebuddy

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
Troll; with all due respect man;

Is The International community saying anything nice to PLEASE Americans? I'm not seeing any shyness when it comes to questioning US foreign policy.
Take some time to read what other people are saying before you respond! I didn't say the rest of the world is saying anything nice to please Americans. I said they ARE NOT saying what they really think because to do otherwise would not please Americans.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2004, 10:45 AM

Since when did Americans start caring about foreign opinions?

Seriously.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:

Seriously.
9/11: Just Another Foreign Opinion�

dcolton
Banned
Sep 27, 2004, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
9/11: Just Another Foreign Opinion�
Spheric Harlot...just another person full of hate towards the USA

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
Spheric Harlot...just another person full of hate towards the USA
Hypothetically speaking, if Spheric did hate the United States of America (the country), what would be wrong with that? You post this "you hate the USA" stuff everywhere like it's some kind of indictment that we should all be afraid of.

dcolton
Banned
Sep 27, 2004, 12:21 PM

Hypothetically speaking, if Spheric did hate the United States of America (the country), what would be wrong with that? You post this "you hate the USA" stuff everywhere like it's some kind of indictment that we should all be afraid of.
An indictment? No, an observation. An important observation that gives an understanding to what and why the poster posts what he does.

OreoCookie
Sep 27, 2004, 02:34 PM

An indictment? No, an observation. An important observation that gives an understanding to what and why the poster posts what he does.
Well, you don't know him, so I would be a bit more careful to just throw in `Oh, he's just hating `us'!' Americans (like any other country) start caring about foreign opinions when they have to. Now they have to if they don't want to pay for it all.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2004, 04:05 PM

Actually, it's a conclusion you infer from what you observe.

An incorrect conclusion based on logical fallacies and perceptive incongruence.

swrate
Senior User
Sep 27, 2004, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:

Seriously.
Obviously, they did not. That's the problem. Those "hippies" "peace-mongers" were in the streets beating drums while the Pentagone decided to move in shock, regardless of the foreign opinions, and of the intelligences warnings. re:"not that you people care"

Disregarded voices,
not materially compatible with the programme.

Poor US, personally I care, I do not like seeing her going downhill.
It would affect the whole planet.
US is in my heart, part of me.

Other place, other time; children are dying every day for the wrong reasons, war being one of the worst, thinking of it just makes me feel sick.
To see the $$$$ spent on weapons & i scream.
To see the faces of missing young G.I's or to miss faces in the Red Crescent & i cry.

State politics are civil matters, in most of Europe's nations, you will find there is no praying before sessions. In the Middle-East, the members pray too.

A government session takes lots of time to communicate and explain projects and take decisions, it's not the time nor place to be studying scriptures.imo
If the hawks pray fast and then get to work efficiently, why not, but you see I shiver when I think of what a few nuts do in the name of God.

If they pray, why are they not humble enough to listen to the other voices, or foreign opinions?

maA xrw

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by swrate:
Obviously, they did not. That's the problem. Those "hippies" "peace-mongers" were in the streets beating drums while the Pentagone decided to move in shock, regardless of the foreign opinions, and of the intelligences warnings. re:"not that you people care"

Disregarded voices,
not materially compatible with the programme.

Poor US, personally I care, I do not like seeing her going downhill.
It would affect the whole planet.
US is in my heart, part of me.

Other place, other time; children are dying every day for the wrong reasons, war being one of the worst, thinking of it just makes me feel sick.
To see the $$$$ spent on weapons & i scream.
To see the faces of missing young G.I's or to miss faces in the Red Crescent & i cry.

State politics are civil matters, in most of Europe's nations, you will find there is no praying before sessions. In the Middle-East, the members pray too.

A government session takes lots of time to communicate and explain projects and take decisions, it's not the time nor place to be studying scriptures.imo
If the hawks pray fast and then get to work efficiently, why not, but you see I shiver when I think of what a few nuts do in the name of God.

If they pray, why are they not humble enough to listen to the other voices, or foreign opinions?

maA xrw
I appreciate your sentiments.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 05:17 PM

If you ask nicely, I'm sure someone here will give you the money you need to get a room.
Sorry, you must have thought EVERYONE was like JOhn KErry & JOHN Edwards.

It figures...

http://www.noedesign.com/dev/KerryEdwards/index.html

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2004, 06:28 PM

It figures...

http://www.noedesign.com/dev/KerryEdwards/index.html

OMG That's SOOO FUNNY!

LOLOLLLERBLADEZ3rs.

or something.

Troll  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 07:05 PM

It figures...
Oh wow, that was some comeback. Calling Kerry and Edwards gay apparently in an attempt to insult them.

Atomic Rooster
Sep 27, 2004, 07:19 PM

You guys need some aroma therapy...

http://www.naha.org/

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 08:18 PM

You're trying to reason with someone who once called atheists "terrorists."

dcolton
Banned
Sep 28, 2004, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by zigzag:
You're trying to reason with someone who once called atheists "terrorists."
No, I called the athiest who do nothing more than attack Christianity, terrorists. Get it right next time.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2004, 10:53 AM

No, I called the athiest who do nothing more than attack Christianity, terrorists. Get it right next time.
Actually, you called the guy who sued over the Pledge of Allegiance "America's worst form of terrorist." This demonstrates a high level of reasoning, and I apologize for getting it wrong.

dcolton
Banned
Sep 28, 2004, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by zigzag:
Actually, you called the guy who sued over the Pledge of Allegiance "America's worst form of terrorist." This demonstrates a high level of reasoning, and I apologize for getting it wrong.
Apology accepted. Next time you should find a link too.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2004, 11:36 AM

Apology accepted. Next time you should find a link too.
Here.

Normally I don't obsess with this kind of stuff, but this time I really couldn't believe that you would say something so incredibly stupid.

Then again, there are very few even on this board with a more fascistoid - I do not use that term lightly - and fundamentally undemocratic understanding of government.

Why do you hate your country, all it stands for, and all that made it great, so much?

-s*

dcolton
Banned
Sep 28, 2004, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Here.

Normally I don't obsess with this kind of stuff, but this time I really couldn't believe that you would say something so incredibly stupid.

Then again, there are very few even on this board with a more fascistoid - I do not use that term lightly - and fundamentally undemocratic understanding of government.

Why do you hate your country, all it stands for, and all that made it great, so much?

-s*
My hate extends to 'know-it-all' germans who think they are the worlds compass. Who forget about their hate filled culture that resulted in some of the most horrific actions of mankind in world history. My hate extends to a country that would harass a bobsledder because of the color of his skin and make lamps out of the skin of God fearing Jews. My hate extends to a nation that has done nothing but reign hell on this earth because of those who believe appeasement and 'root causes' are justifications for destroying innocent life. The one thing your hate filled nation taught the world is not to give killer's an inch. Yet, you and the KarlG's of this world want to handcuff the one nation who learned a lesson from the evil that was known as Germany and is applying it to contemporary terrorism.

So, you may not like my brand of democracy...but it has been reinforced by the hate and violation of human life brought about by your nation.
( Last edited by dcolton; Sep 28, 2004 at 12:03 PM. )

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2004, 12:01 PM

My hate extends to know it all germans who think they are the worlds compass. Who forget about their hate filled culture that resulted in some of the most horrific actions of mankind in world history. My hate extends to a country that would harass a bobsledder because of the color of his skin and make lamps out of the skin of God fearing Jews. My hate extends to a nation that has done nothing but reign hell on this earth because of those who believe appeasement and 'root causes' are justifications for destroying innocent life. The one thing your hate filled nation taught the world is not to give killer's an inch. Yet, you and the KarlG's of this world want to handcuff the one nation who learned a lesson from the evil that was known as Germany and is applying it to contemporary terrorism.

So, you may not like my brand of democracy...but it has been reinforced by the hate and violation of human life brought about by your nation.
wow, you have issues man.

dcolton
Banned
Sep 28, 2004, 12:02 PM

wow, you have issues man.
I have issues with holier than thou germans.

Forum Links
Forum Rules