Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Is Bush Smart Enough To Play Dumb?

Is Bush Smart Enough To Play Dumb?
Atomic Rooster
Sep 17, 2004, 06:04 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3665276.stm

Or dumb enough to come out looking smart?

Spoogepieces
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2004, 06:07 PM

Atomic Rooster  (op)
Sep 17, 2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Spoogepieces:
You still think dead children are morons and Vietnam vets are war criminals?

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2004, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Atomic Rooster:
Wow...derailing your own thread within 2 posts. This may be a record.

Spoogepieces
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
Wow...derailing your own thread within 2 posts. This may be a record.
No kidding.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2004, 07:45 PM

In before lock.

+1.

Another Wonderful Thread� from Rooster.
Doesn't this guy have another account?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2004, 11:51 PM

and it's nothing more than

and we've heard it all before so

and most everyone probably agrees that

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Atomic Rooster  (op)
Sep 18, 2004, 06:27 PM

I guess no one took time to read the article...

Hmmm....And I thought the article was pro Bush?

Now pro Bush people are dissing articles defending Bush!!!

Go figure!??!

Atomic Rooster  (op)
Sep 18, 2004, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
In before lock.

+1.

Another Wonderful Thread� from Rooster.
Doesn't this guy have another account?
ghost_flash ring a bell?

and lock...what lock? why?

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2004, 07:57 PM

ghost_flash ring a bell?

and lock...what lock? why?

Ghost_flash?

This thread deserves a lock. It's pointless.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 19, 2004, 01:40 AM

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2004, 06:10 AM

Sometimes, this place reminds me of the junior high I taught at last year.
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2004, 01:18 PM

I guess no one took time to read the article...

Hmmm....And I thought the article was pro Bush?

Now pro Bush people are dissing articles defending Bush!!!

Go figure!??!

No, they're dissing you. I thought it looked obvious. *shrug*
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2004, 01:23 PM

The thread is about the article form BBC. Read it and comment or don't fargin post in the thread. The silly thing is no one of the knee jerking conservatives that posted in this thread has read the article because it is damn praising for Bush. Idiots.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2004, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
The thread is about the article form BBC. Read it and comment or don't fargin post in the thread. The silly thing is no one of the knee jerking conservatives that posted in this thread has read the article because it is damn praising for Bush. Idiots.
No, it's in the state it is because the thread starter derailed his own thread. He "blew it up" all on his own.
At any rate. the article pretty much hits it close to the mark. Bush has a very "folksy" appeal that radiates from his genuine charm and self-deprecating wit. I'd say 80% of his speaking gaffs are intentional, and well trained to throw his opposition off and make them underestimate him. Check out the polls, it's working again.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2004, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:

At any rate. the article pretty much hits it close to the mark. Bush has a very "folksy" appeal that radiates from his genuine charm and self-deprecating wit. I'd say 80% of his speaking gaffs are intentional, and well trained to throw his opposition off and make them underestimate him. Check out the polls, it's working again.
I don't think they are intentional. He just says what he's thinking at the moment. That's all the intention. Of course if you'd think like that there is no way he's not a moron.

I've thought about this occationally when Bush screws up in a speech, and I feel his gaffs are spontainious. That is they are not thought out before he makes his speech.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2004, 01:55 PM

I don't think they are intentional. He just says what he's thinking at the moment. That's all the intention. Of course if you'd think like that there is no way he's not a moron.

I've thought about this occationally when Bush screws up in a speech, and I feel his gaffs are spontainious. That is they are not thought out before he makes his speech.
and that's one of the reasons why the Dems will lose. Most people who disagree with him, underestimate him. They don't want to think that a large portion of it is an act. It is, to a point, a good example of the left's view that they're somehow intellectually superior. So, they're sitting around wondering how this "dolt" is spanking them. It's pretty entertaining, actually.
- Thomas Paine

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2004, 02:07 PM

and that's one of the reasons why the Dems will lose. Most people who disagree with him, underestimate him. They don't want to think that a large portion of it is an act. It is, to a point, a good example of the left's view that they're somehow intellectually superior. So, they're sitting around wondering how this "dolt" is spanking them. It's pretty entertaining, actually.
So you are saying my opinon is wrong

Whether he is making concious calculated ****ups or if they are just you everyday moron ****ups (which actually happens to be the case in my opnion) doesn't matter squat in debates or estimations of the man.

What are you haveing some wet dreams about Bush suddenly casting off the 'retard' act in some key debate against Kerry? Hello?

It doesn't matter if he's acting or not he is not changing. A bit hard to underestimate a known variable eh? The only thing that is underestimated is the ability of you dolts for derailing perfectly legitamate threads

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2004, 02:12 PM

So you are saying my opinon is wrong

Whether he is making concious calculated ****ups or if they are just you everyday moron ****ups (which actually happens to be the case in my opnion) doesn't matter squat in debates or estimations of the man.

What are you haveing some wet dreams about Bush suddenly casting off the 'retard' act in some key debate against Kerry? Hello?

It doesn't matter if he's acting or not he is not changing. A bit hard to underestimate a known variable eh? The only thing that is underestimated is the ability of you dolts for derailing perfectly legitamate threads
I don't like being called names, stop it. You're better than that. And if you don't want the derail to continue, stop with the attacks.

Back on topic...

Every post you've made, proves how Bush is underestimated.

"Oh, he's just an idiot."

Then, why is he winning?
- Thomas Paine

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2004, 02:42 PM

Bush can well be a moron and win the election. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. If the US voters trust a man who is clearly a moron rather than someone who clearly is not - at least in comparison - then fine. That is what democracy is all about.

If the people who are voting for Bush are secretly hoping that he really isn't a moron and this is all a clever act by Bush well.. I don't know what to say. Support him and agree with him but we who don't know him personally can only evaluate him by what he says and what he does. The results are clear and conclusive: moron.

What he sets out to do is crudely managed and with so many complications that there is no end in sight. He is a moron IMO because he isn't a big thinker, he doesn't like to sit down and weigh all options (by his admission) because he is an administrative leader. Leaders need to be able to approach issues with detatchment and wisdom. Playing damage control all the time apparently results in fear and chaos.

USAmericans fear, they fear so much that they are prepared to believe their president isn't a chump. Or chimp. I agree with them, I think he's neither. But he most certainly is a moron. He's got the charisma to be a leader and some fundamental sense of what is right and wrong to function but he's a moron.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 19, 2004, 02:43 PM

He's an idiot but at the same time he fools everyone and has mastermind plans to take over the world!

I wish the left would make up it's mind.

constrictor
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2004, 12:15 AM

"Oh, he's just an idiot."

Then, why is he winning?
Because this is America. The times they are a-changin'.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2004, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
He's an idiot but at the same time he fools everyone and has mastermind plans to take over the world!

I wish the left would make up it's mind.
Yep, "stupid like a fox", eh? Hahaha
- Thomas Paine

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2004, 06:18 AM

Somebody should have told the Bush supporters that denial isn't a river in Egypt.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 20, 2004, 11:06 AM

voodoo that was about stupid. You should have just not posted anything.

zen jihad
Sep 24, 2004, 03:22 PM

Bush will probably win this election, it's been decided already. Is Bush an idiot, mentally impaired, etc? Yes, he is, and not deliberately so, except for the few moments he becomes aware of the usefullness if his handicap.

When voting for Bush, you're actually voting for the numerous evil personages behhind him, the paymasters, the puppeteers pulling his strings, the masterminds of tyranny that have existed from President to President.

Why is Bush in place as leader of the US? It's partly to do with the American psyche. Many Americans have a black and white attitude to life, many are so utterly oblivious to the outside world as a monkey is. This is why Bush is in power, and those who are behind him know that. He appeals to the American populace due to his simplistic approach to affairs, good and evil, right and wrong, etc. Of course, this alienates many at the same time, but as soon as you creae a situation like 9/11, and a person like Bush to speak in such basic, heartfelt ways, then it is enugh to sway those Americans to his side.

So voting for Bush becomes something akin to voting for the local bufoon, he guy next door, the buddy you'd drink with. But in reality, you're voting for the Nazi-like (Yes, it is Naziism) persons behind Bush.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2004, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by zen jihad:
Bush will probably win this election, it's been decided already. Is Bush an idiot, mentally impaired, etc? Yes, he is, and not deliberately so, except for the few moments he becomes aware of the usefullness if his handicap.

When voting for Bush, you're actually voting for the numerous evil personages behhind him, the paymasters, the puppeteers pulling his strings, the masterminds of tyranny that have existed from President to President.

Why is Bush in place as leader of the US? It's partly to do with the American psyche. Many Americans have a black and white attitude to life, many are so utterly oblivious to the outside world as a monkey is. This is why Bush is in power, and those who are behind him know that. He appeals to the American populace due to his simplistic approach to affairs, good and evil, right and wrong, etc. Of course, this alienates many at the same time, but as soon as you creae a situation like 9/11, and a person like Bush to speak in such basic, heartfelt ways, then it is enugh to sway those Americans to his side.

So voting for Bush becomes something akin to voting for the local bufoon, he guy next door, the buddy you'd drink with. But in reality, you're voting for the Nazi-like (Yes, it is Naziism) persons behind Bush.
*chuckle*

Shhh! Hush! Let me get my foil hat on before you get started, otherwise I'll lose the effect!
- Thomas Paine

zen jihad
Sep 24, 2004, 03:53 PM

*chuckle*

Shhh! Hush! Let me get my foil hat on before you get started, otherwise I'll lose the effect!
Pretty predictable response. Is it as mad a believing Jesus was inspired by some invisible deity, or entity?

ad hom remarks makes you a tad stupid in my books.

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 24, 2004, 03:54 PM

But in reality, you're voting for the Nazi-like (Yes, it is Naziism) persons behind Bush.
Yes, a Bush win will go nicely with the waffen SS and KKK posters hanging on my wall.

Seig Heil !

zen jihad
Sep 24, 2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Yes, a Bush win will go nicely with the waffen SS and KKK posters hanging on my wall.

Seig Heil !

Why not? His fanily already funded the Nazi party. You might want to go read a few choice words by the ever loveable Stalin, and Hitler from Mein Kampf, you'll be shocked to find the parallels betwen them and Bush Snr's words, and lil' shrub.

Have a nice day ya lil scamper.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2004, 04:28 PM

ad hom remarks makes you a tad stupid in my books.
Oh, but that's not what makes you stupid in mine, Rooney-boy.
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules