Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Can I do this in 8.6?Or this in 8.0

Can I do this in 8.6?Or this in 8.0
bryh28
Oct 10, 2000, 09:33 AM

One thing I do like about windows is the action of drop-down menus, ie: when one is activated it remains in view when the mouse is activated, remaining untill one clicks on a separate region of screen.
Whereas my OS8.6 becomes tiresome when moving between menus within drop-down menus, if your mouse-hand slips (very easy with my iMac puck-mouse) and you touch screen you lose the menu and have to start again.

Now I don't believe for a second that Apple have let this one by unnoticed. And I'm sure that there is a preference or setting somewhere that I need to alter. Can somebody tell me it?

Also: my Dad's got an old 4400 running 8.1(or 8.0?) which he wants to make USB-friendly. Will this OS suport USB? What is the earliest OS to accept USB?

Thanks in advance,
Bryh

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2000, 10:10 AM

sticky menus are activated by default beginning with 8.5 i do believe... don't know why you are not 'getting' them... maybe you need to delete your Finder prefs file and restart and reset the Finder prefs

the other half of your question should be a separate post made to the Older Systems and Clones forum... thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules