Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Annoying Box Won"t Go Down

Annoying Box Won"t Go Down
jmault
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2006, 10:43 PM

Recently when I have been trying to connect my USB hub to my PBG4 this little annoying box come up that says "failed to connect to device. Check i/f cable connection betweeen the device and you computer." However all of the devices connected through the hub work perfectly. Also when I try and click ok in the little box it will not allow me to, it just stays there. Does any one know my problem is, and how I can get rid of this little box???
PLEASE HELP

rjt1000
Senior User
Dec 4, 2006, 12:57 AM

Have you tried some troubleshooting? e.g:

Try unplugging one peripheral at a time. If the error disappears when unplugging one peripheral, suspect a fault there, or with its cable.

If that doesn't shed light on the problem, try connecting each device directly without the hub. If that works without an error warning, I'd suspect a faulty hub. Or perhaps, the hub needs to be powered to support multiple peripherals.

If a direct connection with each device gives you the same warning, I'd suspect a faulty port or cable. (Try different cable or port).
( Last edited by rjt1000; Dec 4, 2006 at 01:06 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules