Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Best Ultra ATA controllers

Best Ultra ATA controllers
BuckarooBanzai9
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2000, 11:43 AM

Which Ultra ATA controller add-in card offers the best price/performance value? (I have a Umax C500 currently)

MacNZ
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2000, 05:40 PM

Hey, I'm happy with myself. Just got an upgraded 7300 for $200. The only thing is I need more hard drive space. I need to know the same thing. I have heard of the TurboMax card and Acard card but I couldn't find prices or anything anywhere. If I find anything I'll post it but if anyone knows please say.
Pete C. (PB12" 1.5Ghz 160GB hdd, 1.25GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11)

RSchnarren
Jul 23, 2000, 07:59 PM

Sonnet Tempo Ultra ATA66 PCI Controller $99.00 and TurboMax ATA66 PCI Controller $129.00. Both PCI Cards are Acard Cards Branded by Sonnet(Tempo Card) $99.00 and ProMax(Turbomax Card) can be purchased at Club Mac (Tempo Card), Other World Computing (Turbomax Card) $129.00 Both Cards are the same. (ACARD Manufactured) Hope this helps you!! EIDE Hard Drives Also.

Forum Links
Forum Rules