Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Explorer 5.2

Explorer 5.2
picky7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2006, 11:56 PM

I am using explorer 5.2.3 my little on did something with browser and I found a link on the top of browser alone with the button back, forward, stop, refresh, scrapbook images and that link. How can I remove that link from there.
Thanks for the help in advance.

I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006, 12:05 AM

Just click on it and hold, press option (or control or command I can remember exactly but is one of those) and drag it out of there!
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 12:07 AM

Wrong question. The correct questions are:

1.) How can I remove Internet Explorer?
– Just trash it and empty the trash. Also look into the preferences folder to trash its cache.

2.) What modern browser can I use as an alternative?
- Safari, Camino, Firefox are the most popular choices on Mac.

Now to the original question: Internet Explorer has a customize toolbar command just like many OS X apps (think in the View menu). Select this and you can drag items in and out of the toolbar.

picky7  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by I WAS the One
Just click on it and hold, press option (or control or command I can remember exactly but is one of those) and drag it out of there!
Thanks for the great help...it worked very well.with apple command.

fahlman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2006, 03:09 PM

Microsoft hasn't updated IE since June of 2003. As of December 31, 2005 they will not release any further performance or security updates. If you haven't been to the IE for Mac page at Microsoft's website recently here is their advice to you:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER FOR MAC USERS

In June 2003, the Microsoft Macintosh Business Unit announced that Internet Explorer for Mac would undergo no further development, and support would cease in 2005. In accordance with published support lifecycle policies, Microsoft will end support for Internet Explorer for Mac on December 31st, 2005, and will provide no further security or performance updates.

Additionally, as of January 31st, 2006, Internet Explorer for the Mac will no longer be available for download from Mactopia. It is recommended that Macintosh users migrate to more recent web browsing technologies such as Apple's Safari.
NOTICE: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied herein, fahlman cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed herein are those of fahlman and do not necessarily represent the views of macnn.com

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2006, 10:50 PM

People still use Internet Explorer?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2006, 04:54 AM

burdiet.
Linkinus is king.

Forum Links
Forum Rules