Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Taking apart the Ti's top cover

Taking apart the Ti's top cover
Toinou
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2001, 12:56 PM

I got one dead pixel.... the screen massage didn't work. So I thought.... what about the back of the screen massage ?
But how can one take apart that f*****g top cover ?
I removed the four screws and it still doesn't want to move.... anybody got a solution ? Or better, some photos and so on, as I don't want to break apart my beautiful brand new TiBook's screen !!!
My screen thanks you in advance

Toinou

skop
Feb 27, 2001, 02:15 PM

I'd be careful, that sounds like a "warranty voiding" action.

Danni
Feb 27, 2001, 11:26 PM

Huh!!! I think they mean massage it through the top cover, not take off the top cover and massage it! I sure hope you haven't gotten any further in your endeavours.

2far
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 28, 2001, 12:09 AM

That's not likely to help if the 'traditional massage' didn't work. Also I wouldn't recommend taking apart the back of the screen. Just live with it, it's easier than to live with paying for a new back cover or screen ... (a friend of mine nearly ruined his wallstreet back cover when trying to get the Apple logo to glow--it did glow, BTW, but he had a large dark spot on the screen afterwards).

If you don't take this advice, start sweating

Toinou  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2001, 02:54 AM

Sounds like I'm not gonna get rid of that stupid "I am one little dot that's not working, while U got millions of 'em in your huge and gorgeous screen.... but U can only see me".
It's not bad.... but I would have liked to say "everything is perfect, no flaw, I'm truly and deeply happy
Thanks anyway

Toinou

Forum Links
Forum Rules