Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 4.2/iPod bug

iTunes 4.2/iPod bug
maxwall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2004, 08:18 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has been running into a frustrating problem I've been having...
I've got iTunes 4.2, running on OS 10.3.2. I also have a 3rd Gen iPod using 2.1.
I want to update the iPod manually, so I can have greater control over what is on it. It's supposed to be a simple process - click the iPod icon, select Manual, and click OK. I've tried several times. I select Manual update, and it warns me I'll have to manually eject it each time. I click OK. And then I click OK at the bottom, and it just freezes for awhile, eventually taking me back to my library. So then I go back and click on my iPod in iTunes, and it is still in automatic update mode. It's driving me nuts. javascript:smilie('') Anybody else running into this problem, and if so, has anybody fixed it? Thx...

Forum Links
Forum Rules