Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Chrome Messenger Bags

Chrome Messenger Bags
jiholl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2003, 12:29 PM

Hi, Does anyone have any actual experience with the Chrome Messenger bags? They look very very cool...but wonder if it is "weird" to carry them on your back...does this make access to contents difficult? Any experience with the laptop sleeve that they sell for the messenger bags? Does it velcro in?

Finally, how about size, seems like there mini (at 20 inches wide at the top), is fine for most needs...next size up is 22 wide...that seems rather large?

Thoughts appreciated

Anemia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2003, 01:11 PM

is this chrome as in a brand name, or is this really a chrome case?

do you have a link?

s0litude
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 02:49 PM

Hey, i have direct experience, i'm the one that recommended it in the sticky. I own one, and this bag rocks. It rests comfortably on your shoulder and it looks good too (the belt buckle is unique). The thing i like about it is that it is waterproof. If you notice on the site, there is an option to add a radio holster. I got that and use it for my ipod. For added protection, get a booq sleeve as well to put inside the bag. I have the citizen. It suits my needs for books, my brown bagged lunch, and such. The metropolis is too big. The mini, i haven't seen. Hope that helps.

The site is www.chromebags.com.
Hi!

veganpower88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2003, 04:18 PM

I have a chrome messanger for my 17" powerbook. The size of the sleeve they carried was an inch taller than the powerbook and an inch taller than the size bag i wanted. So I bought a timbuk sleeve and a chrome bag. The Sleeeve is great. It has handles so it can be taken anywhere without the bag. And it also buckles shut, no zippers. Which is good for a sleeve. The powerbook fits very snug in the bag. There is room for a few other things such a few small books. I also have enough room for mouse, plug, etc. It fits very nice against your back and is very comfortable. It is easy to take on and off due to the buckle on the front. I ride a vespa and this bag is perfect for that. It is also waterprrof which works nice. If you want I can snap some photos of the bag,and how my laptop fits in it. My email is [email protected] aim veganpower88. The bag is great. I really enjoy it. It is a nice alternative to briefcase style bags. It doesn't say hey i have a computer in me. Email if you want some pics.

Forum Links
Forum Rules