Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Buying advice?

Buying advice?
john2710
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 03:37 AM

I`m visiting USA next month and I`m about to buy PB 15" SuperDrive. Is it possible to buy this model with 128MB graphic and 5400 RPM HD in regular apple store....Not via internet Apple store???

You americans are so lucky...this kind of PB in our country costs around 3400USD!!!!

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

JCT
Forum Regular
May 4, 2004, 07:38 AM

Unfortunately those options are only available as a build-to-order and have to be ordered online or over the phone. The Apple Store only carries stock machines (and I think they can upgrade your RAM for you on the spot.

Best bet if you really want those options is if you know someone in the States you can have them order it for you ahead of time.

Enjoy your visit,

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

john2710  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 01:00 PM

Thanks for answer!

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 4, 2004, 01:55 PM

Like tooki had mentioned on another thread, you can too order BTO option PB's at the Apple store, but they dont carry any in stock. So you would order at the store, they would recieve the shipment and then you could walk in and pick it up. Also can do the phone purchase thing too. If I were you I'd have whoever you know here in the states to order the machine you want a week or so in advance, then when it gets in you could walk in buy it and walk out.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

john2710  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2004, 04:25 PM

I`m traveling to California in June. But I don`t know anyone in USA ( California) so I guess PB 1,5 SD will have only 64MB grapric and 4200RPM HD. A 100 USD issue......

Stradlater
Professional Poster
May 4, 2004, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by john2710:
I`m traveling to California in June. But I don`t know anyone in USA ( California) so I guess PB 1,5 SD will have only 64MB grapric and 4200RPM HD. A 100 USD issue......
Just call an Apple Store in CA that you can visit and tell them when you'll be there. Then order one and pick it up. You CAN get the 5400RPM and 128MB
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
May 4, 2004, 05:32 PM

Exactly! Tell the Apple store when you'll be here in the States to pick it up. If you're staying with friends/relatives, you could always ship the product to their residence as well. Don't settle for the stock model. Purchase that BTO model before you get here!!

Nawus
Forum Regular
May 4, 2004, 11:57 PM

You can even have it shipped to the hotel you'll be staying.

Forum Links
Forum Rules