Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Password Fonts an OS8.6

Password Fonts an OS8.6
johnbdh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 1999, 08:06 PM

I have noticed more than one report of problems with password fonts and OS8.6. Adobe Type Manager for one.

I have a problem with 4th Dimension. Since installing 8.6 the password font used within 4D looks like it is just shoving the very tops of the padlocks which looks like a bunch of carrots ^ in the bottom of the password field.

Another app, SanityCheck, a 3rd party utility for 4D is also showing it's password font incorrectly. It looks like it is showing a bit of the padlock's upper right edge which looks like a bunch of widely spaced commas.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems or figured out how to fix this. I tried turning ATM off but the problem persists.

Thanks
John

Forum Links
Forum Rules