Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Apple ICS software for OS9?

Apple ICS software for OS9?
X_RuLeZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2002, 05:02 AM

I have been talking to a guy on another forum and he has said to me that Apple released their own version of internet connection sharing software for OS9 a while ago. He told me that before using IPNetRouter that was what he was using.

I do not think Apple ever released ICS software for OS9 or below. Does anyone know of any Apple ICS software that this guy is so sure they released or is he wrong?

Also is there any free ICS software for MacOS9?

Thanks in advance

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 23, 2002, 03:17 PM

Well, yes and no...

Apple did include a super-limited version of IPNetRouter with Mac OS 9: the Airport Software Base Station.

Other than that, Apple very long ago released a product called Apple Internet Router (or something like that), but it was in the pre-internet time, it actually meant "inter-network" and was actually an AppleTalk routing product.

What was the name of the software this other guy is talking about?

tooki

X_RuLeZ  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2002, 03:02 AM

Well thats just it; he doesn't know a name, can't give me a link and he is not talking about airport software. He did say it is old software and told me if I knew anything about macs I should know about this product.

As I said before I don't believe Apple ever did release it's own ICS software, I just wanted to check.

Forum Links
Forum Rules