Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook lights the way during power outtage

iBook lights the way during power outtage
bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2003, 12:47 AM

If you haven't already heard there was a major power outage in North America effecting both Canadian and American Cities. Well I was at the office around 4:30pm on the 15th when it hit us the entire office was pitch black with the exception of a few windows. We had emergency lights but they didn't last us very long. So I used the light from my iBook to light the way in the hallways as we made our way around the office and down the stairs. The thing is comparable to to a mag light.

ambush
Banned
Aug 16, 2003, 02:01 AM

keew.

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2003, 03:59 AM

I've often used my iBook to navigate the hallway to my room when all the lights are out. The screens are indeed bright--expecially in the dark.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2003, 07:39 AM

Yup, power blitz got us too in Sudbury ON Canada. We had plenty of windows to light our way though.

*shiver*

Fortunately, they weren't THOSE windows.
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2003, 10:04 AM

LOL!
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

vvedge
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2003, 04:41 PM

I used to use my iBook at night to find my way around my house. But I'd be too afraid of tripping and dropping the ibook (which would be on and open).

I find the Kensington flylight is a good way to light the way. It even works when its sleeping too, so you can light up with it closed.
--whats this button do?

Goodbye koobi
... we had fun, but Apple Repair and the years have not been kind to you... godspeed...

Forum Links
Forum Rules