Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe GoLive

Adobe GoLive
maceye
Mac Enthusiast
May 14, 2000, 07:16 PM

I have been having problems with Adobe GoLive 4.01 and Mac OS 9.04. For some reason, I am no longer able to use the navigation services (the new open and save windows). I trashed the prefs and re-installed GoLive, and then I could use them. After running the 4.01 updater, the nav services were no longer present. I also ahve the new multimedia update, and all other recent SW updates. What is happeneing here?

J_Brannigan
May 15, 2000, 10:59 AM

I remember using the Adobe classroom in a book to learn Go Live 6 monts ago and it stated that the navigation services should be turned off in the Go Live prefs because it did not work reliably with OS 8.5. I doubt anything has changed with Go Live to make it work with 9.0.4.

yuhui
May 15, 2000, 11:45 AM

I use MacOS 8.6 and GoLive 4.0.1. Navigation Services works fine for me.

MacGeist
May 15, 2000, 12:38 PM

Extract from the Golive 4.0.1 updater ReadMe:
"Navigation Services" are turned off by default (see "General isplay" in "Preferences"), as they might slow down GoLive performance.
ReadMe are good for you, you know�

Avenir
Mac Elite
May 15, 2000, 12:55 PM

I am running GoLive on a PowerBook 266 with 128mb of RAM and OS 9.0.4 and I have no problems whatsoever with Navigation Services of GoLive itself. I'm pretty sure that's not what you wanted to hear, all that I know is that it did run extremely slow before I got extra RAM (to the point where I did turn it off in Preferences) but now it's alright. Aloha...

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

maceye  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2000, 05:48 PM

The checkbox in General Display Prefs was turned off. I think this was changed w/ 4.01 becuase in 4.0, it is turned on by default.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by maceye (edited 05-15-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules