Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Macs and Gene coding

Macs and Gene coding
Dan Parks
Jun 30, 2000, 06:38 PM

Am I the only one who noticed? The major announcement of the completion of the gene sequencing project has now been complete (well, almost) What a major breakthrough! And on almost every channel that showed the private company doing the sequencing, they showed the machines that broke down the DNA and they show the information they extracted and were putting in order, A MAC. They didn't show the machine, only the monitor. You could see the Apple logo on the monitor and it was clearly the Mac OS. Way to go!

yuhui
Jul 1, 2000, 12:40 AM

I saw this on Discovery Channel's Discovery News too. Except that I saw a screen showing a dialog box, and the titlebar was clearly from a Mac.

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2000, 03:28 PM

DUH! the scientific community, especially biology, is dominant with Macs. Walk into any bio lab in a major university, you'll know what I mean...
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

Forum Links
Forum Rules