Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Epson 1520 drivers and OS 9.04

Epson 1520 drivers and OS 9.04
Etaz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2000, 11:42 PM

Does anyone know the correct versions for the driver and or driver update for this printer. The Printer is not the usb version.
I am using driver now but it is having problems with Word 98. Sould the procedure for a clean new install in 9.04 be to use the original shipping driver then the updater, or download ( which version is a mystery,) a more current driver and then add the correct updater? Machine is a Power Mac 9600 with XLR8 G3 466.

Riemert.NL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2000, 04:00 PM

Correct version is 5.54 which includes a solution for Office 98 printing problem

Etaz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2000, 10:51 PM

Thanks for the reply Riemart.NL. But...
There is no driver download with that version number listed on the US Epson site. I could probably assume you are talking about the Updater version 1.0 BES poster 7/28/00 but to actually see the version number of the driver inside the installer folder would require installation. I believe this is just an updater and must be installed over a previous install. Am I wrong? Is it to be installed over the original shipping software (driver)? There is a driver version 5.6AE but it is for 8.6 and not a pre-G3 powermac. There is no listed driver download from Epson for OS9.0 only Updaters on the US site.

Forum Links
Forum Rules