Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Flash CS3 and Safari Help

Flash CS3 and Safari Help
ferg
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2007, 11:07 AM

When publishing from Flash CS3 to HTML and Flash, Safari will not open the page. I also get a warning in Firefox and have to OK it and reload for it to work.

I have encountered many Flash sites recently that just do not work in Safari, when they should. It seems it is the version check in CS3 that somehow sees Safari as incapable of playing it.

Has anyone found a work around, is there an update I missed?

Thanks!

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2007, 06:56 PM

About the only thing I see is that Flash Player 9 was recently updated to address Leopard bugs. You might want to update your player.

Also, Adobe has recently published warnings that some of its CS3 applications are not fully compatible with Leopard. (An update is forthcoming ... February or sometime.) Maybe that will help?
17" Rev. A MBP (ATI X1600 256 MB, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.5, Parallels Build 3214)

Forum Links
Forum Rules